Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hub bolt for brake drum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steve thompson, Mar 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. steve thompson

steve thompson

My '30 Ford Coupe became a 122" truck with flathead back in the 40's. It's just about ready to roll again, but for a spun and stripped stud we had to pull on the left front brake drum.
    All the replacements We've found are just a bit off in dimension even when cut down a bit.

The Drum is a five wide 12'' inside diameter with built-in hub. Inside it is a screwed in plate marked D147, and faintly cast into it what seems to read 79-11 or 79-12.

The hub bolt we pulled looks like the A1107 Ford wheel stud, 1/2 x 20, 1.44" long and flat-sided at one inch on the cap, except it is .64 plus in the barrel instead of .62. It appears to be a factory item, although machined in the way they do the A1107.

Who has odd Drum Studs?

steve thompson

2. I can't help ya, at all. But someone here can help you a ton. There is probably a reason that no one is helping you but fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. ;)

I think what you are looking for is a wheel stud, correct? maybe alter your title to reflect that.

and back to the top with you.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. We had to repair a hub on an obsolete skid-steer long ago; we tapped the hole in the hub, had an internal and external threaded bushing made (looked similar to a Keensert), and used a gr 8 tap bolt screwed out from the inside for the stud (like on a racing axle). Ran for 10 plus years afterwards with many wheel changes. Just an idea.