Register now to get rid of these ads!

Howdy From Texas.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 64-classic660, Nov 17, 2018.

1. 64-classic660

64-classic660

Howdy from Texas, thanks for having me. Not so recently I purchased my first project car. 1964 Rambler classic 660.

I’m new to this and was hesitant to get started since I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. Found you guys and have the confidence to give it a shot now.

Engine is seized up, just concocted a 50/50 mix of acetone and some old trans fluid just started soaking it today.

Only thing I can tell that’s missing from the car that I haven’t removed and carefully labeled is the air filter cover, rear window and tail light covers.

Rear seat was in decent condition when I bought the car but I let that get ruined getting rained on. Ouch sorry if i made you cringe. Cleaned the leaves out of her and pulled out the rotting carpet the other day pulled the plugs in the floor boards and rinsed her out.

Overall I think the car is decent looking. No major rust from what I can tell car appears to have been sold at a lot in Temple Texas not far from where I live. The passenger rear panel looks like it could have had some repair done but I can’t noticeably tell the difference other than discoloration in paint.

I have no big plans for her yet, other than fixing any mechanical issues enough to drive her around town for now. Which I know is probably going to be plenty work keeping me busy and my pockets a little lighter over the next year or so.

Cosmetically rear window maybe some white walls and rear seat re upholstered. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Looks like there is none or very little rot & rusted thru body metal so that is a plus. My thoughts are to first get the engine freed up and see if you can make it run without spending a fortune. I would do this before spending money fixing up the body & interior because what you will have to do on the engine could make or break the build. Once you get it running then make sure all the safety stuff is ok & then you can drive it while you do the rest of the car. Not such a big deal on that if your plans are to change the engine anyway. Start a build thread and post photo's as work progresses.
    Good luck, Jimmie

64-classic660 likes this.
  3. 64-classic660

64-classic660

Sounds like a plan Jimmie thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app