Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How ya get a big a$$ in a 32 roadster???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B1gDaddy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Alright all ya'lll full figured girls start showing me the tricks to getting a large ass in a deuce roadster.

seat back position, brake pedal , column, etc. for 6" + and 225+ folks only. i know its really hard but all yall midgets save it for later. us big folk gotta have sum love too !!

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not possible, buy a Stutz roadster instead ;) :D

3. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

4. Lee_Ford

Lee_Ford

I hope you meant 6’+ and not 6”+. As in 6 feet not 6 inches. If not then 6”+ is not gonna impress many gals out there to send you picks.;)

Another thought would be one of those VW powered T Bucket type setups. Plenty of leg room then. Who is gonna know?:rolleyes:

5. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

i'm serious guys. i dont want want to be on jenny craig.

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Try lap band surgery.

7. F&J

F&J

The only thing I can think of is a new seat design. Make the backrest further back to the rear deck. So far back that if you push back hard, your upper body almost touches the deck rail??? Then the seat bottom could go back the same amount.

8. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

You got buy a glass body that stretched 2" +tilt steering column very mild padded seat bottom.make the column as close to the dash without having your finger hitting the dash.
    Or buy 33 34 ford more room.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Have you tried one of the extended bodys? Some of the glass companies extend the doors 2" and add 2" to the cockpit. Doesn't sound like much but a side by side comparison ( getting into both at the same time) will show a marked improvement in getting in AND out. Hot Rods and Horsepowers Deuce with the roll up windows has something similar and it's a steel car. Other than that you have to make sure the back of the seat is under the deck, not forward like stock and the pedals have to be optimized for forward location. In other words you have to "cheat" the diminsions at every point. We have found that using all of these you sometimes still come up "short;)". If this is the case a change to a '33 or '34 roadster will usually solve the problem as these had way more room in the passenger space than a '32.

Frank

10. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i got a sorta stock 1928 RPU and im 6 foot and 225 and i drive it fine. though people a couple inches taller cant. Oh traffic sucks with all that clutch work en all and i get hung up a little gettin in and out sometimes.

11. 4t7flat

4t7flat

Right foot in first,duck head in under top(if top is on),then schooch butt between tilt wheel and door jamb. After sitting down I need to pull my left leg in using left hand to assist. It would be a lot more difficult without a tilt wheel. My 27-T has more leg room than my 32. After 50 miles I can't wait to get out and strech. Oh yeh, I am 5' 11'' and 235 lb.

12. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

BY THE WAY I'm only 4' 2' and use a booster seat.

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Use a removable steering wheel. The race car guys do.

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

Its all in what you wont to do ! Big Ken drives a 32 ford truck with no problem . And he drives it a lot !

15. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

look, i have a 33 3 window chopped 4". that thing is like a room at the mariott compared to this 32. hell my a roadster had more room than this thing! i am going to try the seat back first then the brake pedal chop to the floor as close as i can. then, i guess it is la weightloss here i come.

16. Get in on the passenger side and slide over, it's a hassle but it works!

17. Lose weight, be healthier, live longer, look better, AND fit in a roadster. They are all pluses.

18. Old Skool Rodder

Old Skool Rodder

Short Column (not so short that your hands hit the dash), small steering wheel, and move the seat back! oh and suicide doors is not a good idea, just presents a whole new set of issues!

19. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

a 400 pound friend of mine did this and it helped him get in and out...it worked well

20. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Damn.

21. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

We have a friend who is 6'3 and weighs +/- 400. He drives a stock bodied 32 roadster.

His car

Attached Files:

22. gwarren007

gwarren007

10" diameter steering wheel, smooth vinyl seats, armorall'ed

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D

[​IMG]

I am 6 foot 2 inches tall. When this photo was taken ... I weighed in at 335 pounds ( not the heaviest I have been either ... while owning/driving my original ... Henry Ford sold in 1932 ... not extended Ford roadster :eek:)

I have over 50 thousand miles on the roadster and it is very comfortable. I removed the seat spacer at the top of the original seat frame. I gained about 2 inches. The rear backseat is a little thinner than original. I moved the bottom seat back 2 inches also. I have a GM van tilt column with a 14.5 inch Bell Auto 3 bar steering wheel ... But the column is in the straight position ... not tilted up.

My seat is also maybe 2 inches lower than original. I did not use the original seat springs. Mine are fabricated.

I regularly drive it 500 plus miles on a day around Memorial Day weekend. I drive it on the ALL DEUCE Run to Blowing Rock NC.

[​IMG]

5 or 6 fellow Hambers see the wife and I driving that day ... 500 or more miles ( from 7 AM to later ... after doing the run and a cruise night over 100 miles from the house )

It can be done and be comfortable ...

24. It's all in how the seat is built.
    I'm 6'3" 230 lbs
    Can drive mine all day long with no problem

Attached Files:

25. I disagree on the suicide doors. I did them on my 29 roadster and it made it much easier to get in and out, and a 29 is much smaller than a 32. I'm 6 foot tall and 220 lbs. The seat is pretty much on the floor and as far back as I can put it, tilt column, but it's tight. My next one will be a 32, more room.

26. aaggie

aaggie

If you don't already own the roadster maybe a Tub would be better suited. It is still kind of a Roadster but more options on moving the seats around.

27. nutajunka

nutajunka

As always stated: "This thread is useless without pictures!" :D

28. Drive a T bucket for a day it'll make your Duece fell like a limo.........

29. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Well- Pat Ganahl is what? 6' 14" or so ;) and he drives a roadster.
    It's all in the mock-up.
    I spent 6 hours behind the wheel yesterday & I'm 6'1"
    No way could I have done it in an A.

30. Here's another 1 of mine

Attached Files: