Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to upload a video?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by deadponies, Apr 16, 2017.

1. deadponies

deadponies
    from NoVa

How do I upload a video I have of an old open wheel dirt race? It's on "windows media center". Have compressed it to a zip file. Also have it on a cd but w/other films that aren't related. When I tried to, (zip file) it said it was to big.
    I'm a dummy w/computers so it's prob. me.
    Any suggestions?

2. The video clips you see posted in these threads are not directly uploaded to the HAMB. Instead, thru a process known as "embedding", a link to the video is placed in the thread. This link specifies where on the web the video has been uploaded to a video hosting service.

To embed a video here in the forums you'll first have to upload the video file to a video hosting service. Clicking the "Media" button at the top of the reply window states the following...

You may embed media from the following sites:

Dailymotion
    Facebook
    Liveleak
    Metacafe
    Vimeo
    YouTube

Video files tend to be much larger than still image files, so it can be a little tedious. Things will go faster if you compress and downsize your video to a lower resolution to keep file sizes smaller. Or if your camera allows, it may be possible to shoot your video at a lower resolution. This is especially helpful if you have a slower internet connection. Each of the sites above may have their own restrictions on maximum resolution or file size, especially if their service is being offered for free. You probably won't be able to upload a zip file and your video may have to be in a specific file type, like .flv or .mpeg.

Once you have your video uploaded to one of the above video hosting sites, here's a tutorial of the process...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/how-to-embed-videos.924376/