Register now to get rid of these ads!

how to get a ticket in 5 easy steps...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, May 1, 2007.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

step 1) build a kickass hot rod.

step 2) get set up with a magazine photo shoot.

step 3) submit to doing a burnout for the camera.

step 4) generously apply pressure to the throttle pedal.

step 5) make sure your photo shoot location is in a conservative little town outside of Detroit. preferably on the main street through town. ...oh, and it helps if you are directly across the street from the police station. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my girl was waiting for us to finish so we could all meet up for lunch. when i called and told her what the delay had been she said something to the effect of "you did a burnout in WYANDOT!!". i laughed and said "wait, it gets better. the police station is right across the street!" then she said "you idiots. why did'nt you just do a burny in the cop shop parking lot?" to which i replied "well we would have, but there were too many cop cars in the way!!!" ;) :D

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy crap I cant believe some of the cars you guys are allowed to get around in over there.

3. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Life is all about experiences...and that a good one!

4. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I don't understand why you got the ticket. If you were on private proerty, which it appears you are, why did the cop come on the proerty and write you a ticket? Just wondering...

5. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

my thought exactly on the above. if it's not in a town regulated "quiet time" he couldn't even get you for disturbing the peace.

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

It's prolly called a "Display of Power" ticket. We have one of those ordinances here.

B:cool:B

7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who said some cops are lazy - he must have driven across the street :)

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

9. floored

floored

I got nailed when I was 17 in Burger King's parking lot, I thought the same thing but they said when you put public safety at risk they can grab you. I figured eating at BK would be worse than all the smoke they injested.

The cop's didn't realize I worked there,you should have seen the look on their faces when they saw me fixing their food a week later, funny thing they never came back.

And by the way that car kick's ass!

10. step 6) help your case by posting evidence of guilt on the internet.

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Now thats fuckin funny... Dumb ass :) :) So tell us whats one of them there tickets cost now days???
    Dave

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

A life lesson indeed. Cool ride. What magazine?

13. mustangsix

mustangsix

Much easier than in Oz, Land of Many, Many Rules......:rolleyes:

14. Barn-core

Barn-core

Sweet lookin' car. What mags it gonna' be in ?

15. I'm suprised it will even do a burnout with that wimpy motor.;) Nice ride, you should frame that ticket.

16. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

it was'nt my ticket and i don't know how much it'll cost him. it was called an "unsafe start" ticket. i personaly don't understand how they could ticket him on private property either. i even brought up to the cop that it was'nt illegal to do a burn out on private property and he tried to tell me i was wrong and something about noise and BLAH BLAH BLAH. then he tried to say we ended up in the street by the end of the burn out, but we were actually a good 12 or 15 feet from it. we never even crossed the side walk. he did finaly back down on that point after Aaron argued with him on it. ofcourse, we suspect it was that arguing that ultimately got him the ticket.
    the cop mentioned the slicks too but when Aaron told him about the grooves cut in them and that they were "cheater slicks" he backed down on that point aswell.
    that cop sure was pist when he pulled in there though. he came haulin ass out of his car yelling "what the hell do you think your doing". to which Aaron replied "it's for the magazine." (which i knew was not going to fly with this guy). the cop VERY sarcasticly said "oh, it's for the magazine. well that makes it ok!!" LOL ...good times i tell ya. :D

as for the posting admissions of guilt on the net goes. i HIGHLY doubt the cop would even care if you told him about it. plus the odds of him stumbling apon this post are about the same as me winning the Loto (i don't even play but maybe once or twice a year. MAX!). besides that it was'nt MY ticket, i was'nt driving and for all anyone knows i could be making this whole thing up. i'm certain this so called "admission" would never hold up in court if it even came to that. LOL

as for the magazine, it is ofcourse the best damn traditional rod magazine out there, Traditional Rod and Kulture! ;)

and yeah, the car is damn cool. not bad for a 22 year old kid is it! ;)

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

How is that an unsafe start? It isn't like it launched and got sideways...

18. Should have told the cop HE got an unsafe start when 2 cousins bumped nastys and conceived him.......................................

19. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

Well, at least that one was well earned! I'd have tried talking my way out of that one..."Awe, c'mon officer! The only reason my tires spun is because you left a pee puddle in the road when you saw me coming!!!" not sure it would have worked though...

20. RacerRick

RacerRick

Might want to run less pressure in the tires :)

That was a wimply burnout. When you do it right there will be a mushroom cloud rising over a 4 storey building like a nuclear weapn just went off.

Fight the ticket anyways...private property.

21. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

How does a 22 year old kid get a ride like that?

22. jangleguy

jangleguy

Photojournalism is brutal! Dodging out of control hot rods and argueing with irate cops is all in a days work, out there in the trenches. And the models - my God, the models - don't get me started on them (nice shoes, indeed)...
    Mighty good shootin', Kustombuilder.

23. spoonman

spoonman
    from salem,ohio

tman is killing me. unsafe start ticket is crap. i got a pulled over for not slowing down at a green light. telling the cop he's a donut eating a-hole prolly got me the disorderly. damn i live in a hokey town.

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Across the street from the station is your downfall I think. There were no other locations to do the shoot? I don't think you can get a ticket on private property either, but I know a few that have gotten them. Not sure of the outcomes unfortunately.

Bitchin car!

25. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Back in the day...It was called "Unnecessary loss of Traction..."

26. bigken

bigken

Great scoop, sounds just like something most on this site would do, too. I absolutely dig the fishtails on the headers, those 'kick-f-in'-ass.

27. ambman

ambman

I grew up not far from Wyandotte and they weren't too car friendly back then. I looked on a satellite site and you weren't kidding about being just across the street from the cop shop.

28. photofink

photofink

With the reason of the ticket being "unsafe start" you might not want to frame it, kinda lame sounding. At least in Ca. they call it "exhibition of speed"... frameworthy

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ha ha, I'm sure he'll be sure to start 'safely' the next time, right?

That car's bitching.

30. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Something I usually do is keep a pen and pad of paper in the car or truck with me. Any time I get pulled over, I start taking notes - what the cop says, what I say, weather conditions, etc. Its just something my ex-wife (who was a reserve officer, police dispatcher, etc).

Anyway, I've done this a few times, and have always been asked "what are you doing?". I always respond "I'm taking notes for when I see you in court." If it an "iffy" ticket, they'll usually back off. If I deserve it, then I'm going to get it anyway, but it sure makes him keep his information straight.