Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Embed Videos

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 20, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So, lets say you want to post this super rad video of your '29 roadster setting a record at Bonneville. You've already uploaded the video to YouTube or Vimeo and now you want to post it on the H.A.M.B. so that all your buddies can see your heroism. Easy.

Step 1. Copy the link to the video like so:

copy.jpg

Step 2. Create a thread and click on the media icon like so:

media.jpg
    Step 3. A popup window will display. Paste your address into the window like so:

media-pop.jpg

Step 4. Press "Embed."

Done. The result will be this:

2. Embedding videos has never been so easy. HRP

3. modified

modified

Thanks!!!!!!!

4. dodgekew

dodgekew

I follow the steps and this is all I'm getting ?

5. dodgekew

dodgekew

The image didn't come up until I replied
    thank you.............

6. Do they have to be on You Tube or Vimeo first? Can I take one from my photobucket and put it on the H.A.M.B.?

7. A Boner

A Boner

8. I think at one time you could but with the latest Photobucket debacle and new pay to play policy you ether cough up 400 bucks or it's a no go. HRP

Darryl Deir likes this.
  9. I apologize for reviving a long dead thread, but I can’t figure this out with the search tool, and maybe I’m not the only one who is curious.

I’m looking at this thread via an iPhone, as a lot of folks probably do these days, and the YouTube videos are all showing up in “portrait” orientation, where as most YouTube video thumbnail images are meant to be presented in “landscape”. I’m not sure if this is simply a byproduct of the device that I am using to look at the HAMB, or if it would appear the same way on a desk top computer. Assuming the latter, is there a way to change the embed window size so that the videos present within the thread in the “landscape” format?

Thanks!

Darryl Deir likes this.
  10. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

Trying to embed....help! I follow the straight forward instructions as outlined in this post but get an error message:
    Here is what I am copying into the field "Enter media URL:"

https://youtube.com/shorts/LxgADWo4V4A

The error message I get "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media."

Any ideas? Thanks,
    Kurt

cactus1 likes this.
  11. I’m having the same issue today. New bug?

12. cederholm

cederholm

I'm also having this issue embedding a video.

13. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Is it one video that you are trying to post? It seems like when you copy someone else's post from another source. You drag all of those videos into play. Copy which one you want to see and paste it on a Word Document to work with it. You may have to get permission to edit You Tube videos to copy and post his/their original series of videos.

Sometimes when you try to post that edited version on your You Tube channel, it will only allow you to load a link and not show up on your channel as an original created video. You can still post a link with the shortened video, but it is not your original one, so perhaps You Tube is doing a copyright thing.

Jnaki

The better thing than to copy someone else's video is to go make an original one of your own. Film it digitally, save to your own files. Then you have a link to make a You Tube video. The original movie on your file can be seen on your computer, but cannot be posted to any website. A You Tube link can if you copy it as is... one letter off will not post. YRMV

You have to make a You Tube or other video source first. Then you will have a direct link to post anywhere, on any website or email address. It is not HAMB but, the copied link with different internal links already posted.

Note:
    Some, not all You Tube links bring along advertisements. Most of us do not want to see copied videos with advertisements associated with it. They get the money, you don't. So, make your own original video and then there should not be a problem with posting.

14. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve embedded videos before, it’s been a while. Followed exactly everything in tutorial can’t seem to get it to work. The Video is my original, nothing copied. The YouTube link/url is this:
    When I insert it per instructions this is what appears instead of the video:
    Any suggestions?

15. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Appears I've answered my own question. Until you hit post reply, the video doesn't show up.