Register now to get rid of these ads!

How NOT to end the weekend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Digger_Dave, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

2. That brings back haunting memories of when my garage burned down.

3. Dam !! that sure has happened alot in the last couple years...that and race rigs getting stolen !!
    Hopefully Kenny was insured !

4. as Cheech and Chong would say, "That's alot of money up on Smoke!"

5. KoppaK

KoppaK

Ah shit and I thought my luck was bad.

6. That's a real kick in the head. Sorry to see it. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and their truck didn't get toasted either. Still, losing it all while on the way to do what you love is a lousy way to go.

7. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

As of this morning (I met with him for coffee) ONLY the trailer is covered; NOT the contents!

He has been "battling" it out with the insurance adjusters already; they are dragging their feet on how much of the trailer is covered.

8. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

That's an interesting topic all in itself.

When I bought my last boat, I sat down with my insurance guy and asked every stupid question that I could think of.

My trucks insurance covers the truck and the trailer but does not cover the "towed" load. in this case the boat.

If the boat fall off of the trailer, the boats insurance pays.

If the boat falls off and hits something, I believe that the truck insurance cover whatever the boat hits (could be wriong on this one?)

If I tow someone elses boat, my truck insurance covers only the boat trailer, not the boat.

If I loan my boat out, nothing is covered.

If the boat sinks, only $500 of contents on the boat are covered.

And so on.

Moral - Take time to talk with your insurance people and find out exactly who covers what. Make sure your ass is covered. Better to take the timew now than to find out afterwards.
    I sure hope everything works out!

9. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

Bummer...

TTYL.

Later, peace...

Troy.

10. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Oh no honey, it's just you.:D

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. He's lucky no one was hurt, still a shame though.

xxx
    Brandy

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Damn, that is terrible news, Dave. That whole crew is made up of great people, I hate to see things like that happen.

For the HAMBers who don't know, Kenny is the guy who builds the majority of hot rodders engines in Calgary. He also built the engines for the N49 B/STR car. He's a great guy who really knows his stuff. Bob Meek, his driver, was a HAMBer for a short time, I think his nic was Desoto32 or something. He had the cool hemi-powered 32 Desoto coupe roundy-round race car for sale a year or so ago.

12. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Al, Ken was telling me yesterday that this incident will end his racing efforts. He just recently retired and said that there is NO way he can replace everything. Especially the two Kieth Black engines; fully loaded. (mags, blowers, injectors, etc.)

While I'm on the subject of electrical fires; MY WARNING to everyone is;
    IF YOU ARE TRAILERING A CAR - any kind; dragster, show, etc. -
    DISCONECT THE BATTERY WHILE IN TRANSIT!

The car you save, may be your OWN!!

13. KCsledz

KCsledz

Good advice- Sucks about the guys whole setup!

By the way it was good to meet you and see you bike run on the strip.