Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How many Great Danes can you fit in a chopped 54 Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddinron, Jul 27, 2009.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you answered a mystery for me, i started searching great danes after seeing this post, And I believe my buddy was a labradane, the cross between the two. We always wondered why he was biggest lab i've ever seen, and yes nuts the size of tennis balls. After seeing some videos of some of these dogs talking up a storm and running around,i'm sure, he fathered a couple of litters of pups, and some of the pups were 70 pounds at six months,no wonder.

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I love the Chop and I love the pictures of the dogs they made me chuckle!:D:D:D

Nick.

3. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

4. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

man, I usually Hate shoebox windows in these cars, but you made it look GOOD!!!! Good on ya:D

5. Big Tony

Big Tony

Nicely done...looks killer and well protected :~)

6. cretin

cretin

Great looking chop! You said you took 4" out of the A-pillar, so I'm assuming that's how much you actually took out and not vertical inches. Do you know what it worked out to in vertical inches?

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Cool pics. Cool chop.

8. roddinron

roddinron

Damn, I did know, now I'm not sure. I thought I wrote it down on the roof, but I might have sanded it off cause I can't seem to find it now.

9. MilesM

MilesM

Ha Ha, We have six Danes. Fawns and Brindles (sp?). I live in a dog house! I do not let them in my shop. They knock everything over with there tails!

10. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Nice "Rock Star". Seriously, the chop looks fantastic.

11. roddinron

roddinron

Ha ha, funny.:rolleyes: Thanks, and thanks for the window, I put it to good use, if your at the right angle, and you squint your eyes and turn your head sideways, it almost looks like a shoebox. Hmmmmm, maybe I'll paint it lavender.:)

12. Lacy Lane

Lacy Lane
    from Nebraska

Nice car!! Your danes are so cute. Just like a bunch of friends hanging out going cruisin. I love the dog with his front leg out the window. I like the ride height too.

13. Nice chop. ROFLMAO about the danes. Is Dane slobber the new hair grease? What will you kids think of next?

14. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

thats a nice chop...The dogs are the best!!!...made me smile on this COLD & SNOWie day!

15. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

My dane and grandbaby. You have a gret car there as well.

[​IMG]

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

turned out great!!!!

17. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

"Get back here with that tyre!"
    [​IMG]

18. roddinron

roddinron

They really are my "crew" I just lost my old one last month, he was my shop dog. He was at least 11 yr's old (rescue adoption so not sure) and going down hill. I let him out to go to the bathroom, and he went straight to the garage and laid down. He wouldn't come back to the house so I knew he was dying. I went and dug a hole for him, then came back and sat with him, he closed his eyes and went to sleep, and quietly passed away in the garage where we spent so much time together. He did it his way.
    Sorry to be such a downer, still missing him, but these 2 youngsters keep me entertained that's for sure.
    I've had a couple fawns like that one, that sure is a beautiful dog, I've been adopting Danes for 25 years, I really love them. And that little girl will never be safer than she is right there, and that Dane is lovin it.

Oh, and thanks everyone for the compliments. Here's a little update showing the rear treatment ( Caesar's in the way, but they match, trust me) taken a couple months ago so I'm a little further along now.

[​IMG]

19. Sorry for your loss, It's sad when you lose an old friend like that, but at least he passed with you, his friend by his side.

Is 11 years not quite a good run for a 'Dane?

On a slightly lighter note,it looks like you've made some real progress on the Chev.
    Keep yer chin up!

20. Damn Caeser looks like my girl Czara I lost last year at 11. Her sister Isis I had to put down 2 weeks ago at 12. It has really left a giant hole in my heart. I didn't choke up till that last photo he could have been her twin. Hands down best dogs ever . If there already shop trained how about sending one my way, the bed is waiting in the shop, I still can't toss it. Sorry if this is too sappy but were all sappy when it comes to our dogs. Sorry for your loss

21. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

55 Pontiac rear bumper with over-rider?

I dig Danes, especially when they and I get to booty bumping for the same space.

22. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Not my dog, but it's a nice picture anyways. This big'n was just passing by at a local cruise. His friend was trying to pull him away from the car (there were a few of "those guys" at the cruise that probably got nervous when he got near their cars). I told him it's ok, let him sniff and look around (there is no interior yet) he won't hurt it. He probably smelled my cat in there.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  23. [​IMG]

This has got to be one of the all time best pictures on the HAMB!:)

24. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong
    from Enola, Pa

It shows that you really looked and checked to make sure that chop fit your mind's eye.
    I'm sorry for your loss. Dogs have a way of opening up places in you that you didn't know you had. They are the best creatures on this planet, bar none, and when they go, it's as bad or worse than losing a child.

Having never grown up with dogs, it suprised me how much they could teach you when we took in a stray Rottie- Since then, we have been working with a Rescue, fostering Rotties, and trying to undo the damage that people with no brains can do to an animal because they want a big, tough looking dog. As a Dane owner, I know you know this to be true.
    People suck, dogs rule.

25. Big Nick

Big Nick

The bumper and lights look great! You gotta love the Danes! My aunt has one, they are great dogs, smart too. I am on the complete other spectrum! But they still love getting a ride. My guys shake and get so excited when they see the door open of the truck, they just love it.

[​IMG]

26. belair

belair

The gray and white one needs a pack of Lucky Strikes rolled up in a t-shirt.

27. roddinron

roddinron

Yeah, 11 is getting up there for a Dane, they have the shortest life spans of all dogs and usually only live about 7-9 yr's. I think it's really due to the fact the they're so big it's hard for most people to provide enough excercise for them. I own 11 1/2 acres with a large pond, so they're always running, digging, and swimming. My dogs are always dirty (and so is my house), but they're happy.:)
    Sorry for your loss, start looking for one, call the shelters, people give up on these poor dogs a lot.
    Ha Ha, thanks, these dogs always make me smile.
    Damn, I could have written that^ myself! I've been rescuing Danes for over 25 years. There's no better feeling than seeing an abused and neglected dog finally blossom into the happy sweet creature it was meant to be. I'm 6'5 and was always taller than the kids I grew up with, and was always expected to act my height, instead of my age, Great Danes have the same problem, people expect them to be something they're not. A 150 lb puppy can be a real pain sometimes, but he IS a puppy. Don't force them, just show them a little love, and they return it 10 fold, I definitely get more from them than they get from me. When I see one running full blast with that smile on his face, just thoroughly lovin his life, that's all the reward I need.
    They're VERY smart, it drives me nuts when someone meets one of mine and says something like "ah, there's nothing like a big ole dumb dog."
    Yeah, she's a character, still a puppy, she's actually a mix of Great Dane and English Mastiff, I had to get her out of her situation, I had planned to just foster her for a while, but I guess she's here to stay now.

28. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Great '54! Love the chop.

Your dog food bill must be outrageous! :D

29. I thought the chop was neat, now that I see the bumper and the way the car is headed, neat doesn't even work. The car is going to beyond kick-ass. It looks great, and is gonna look amazing once everything is finished up. Great work.

On a side note, I think after I finish up school, and my afghan hound moves on to doggie heaven (shes an old girl. It sucks). I'm either gonna get an English Mastif, Great Dane, or another Afghan. I like big dogs, especially ones as smart as 'Danes or Afghans, I've never known someone with a mastif, but apparently they're really smart, and really loyal.

30. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Yeah, cool dogs.... only they take a shit the size of a small dog.