Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many 55,56 ford owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bdierks, Oct 2, 2006.

1. h8louzn

h8louzn
    from NV

I have a 55 fairlane but no pics as of now. It is all apart and waiting on a 56 dash.. Anyone?? Will have a 5.0 aod and 8.8 all out of a stang.. Should be a nice driver when its done..

2. February 2009:

[​IMG]

UPDATE Progress - November 2009:

[​IMG]

qicvick likes this.
  3. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

4. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Don't have any pics right now but I have a 56 2 door Customline. The guy I got it from had already nosed and decked it . He had also put a motor/trans/rear and front spindles and steering from a Granada under it but hadn't finished any of it. I pulled the late model motor/trans out and have a 64 292 and 3 speed to go back in it as well as a 3 deuce intake. Also pulled the granada power steering and put the stock stuff back under it since it was not complete. Flipped the shackles and put blocks in the rear and left the Granada spindles up front and installed Aerostar springs in it. Car sits pretty low and may need to come up but right now just have steel 14's with the orig dog dish caps on it. Don't know if it will ever get back together but at least it is sitting covered up in the dry for now.

5. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Forgot to mention but it also has some cool old pinstriping done on the dash that has been there a long time. Maybe if its nice this weekend I'll roll it out and take some pics.

6. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Hey receron1120, thats a sweet looking 56.

7. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

i dont have any pics on this computer but i have a few
    first one i bought in 1978 for 25.00 a 56 fairlane two door hardtop vicki 292 automatic i added edelbrock tri power aluminum t bird valve covers headers , turbo mufflers i put 69 torino spindles and brakes on front along with the torino power steering back in 78 car is great to drive .
    second is my 56 fairlane town sedan 4 door another 292 automatic with the original carb and oil bath air cleaner this ones a lil old ladys car that only has 64524 miles on it and the A/C still works it also has power steering i have had it since 84
    the next one is a 56 parklane its a 292 4 barrel with a three speed overdrive i got it in 86 the bodys in real good shape with the original paint and the hand painted sign on the gate advertising the Mars Motel in Alamogordo NM this is a future project
    the last 56 car i have is a 56 crown vic a car i had been trying to buy from a man here in town for the past 25 years and he never would sell it , but one day last year he comes and asks if i still want it . told him i didn't have the money then , and he said who said anything about money and he gave it to me , its been dissassembled 20 years but all the parts are there including merc wagon tail lamps and a 390 4 speed
    i have another 56 but its a F100 i have had since i was a senior in High school back in 1972

8. Keith_Indy

Keith_Indy

There's some cool rides here.

Here is my 1955 Customline Tudor. Christmas present from my father. Haven't even had a chance to drive it yet (delivered this past Sunday.)

I think I like the different taillights presented above. These merc units don't do anything for me. It's got a 302, 4bbl, and 3 speed auto in it. Not sure yet about anything else. I'm going to fix a couple of small things that need fixed (horns, wipers, gas gauge, and a couple of leaks) before I make any decisions on how to make it my own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

qicvick likes this.
  9. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Damn fine Ford!

10. Current '56 Customline 410 Merc, 4-speed I built 8 years ago. A '55 Customline 272,that I recently sold. My Brother's '55 Customline 302.

Attached Files:

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Thanks -- it looks like this now, though:

[​IMG]

12. RI5KY

RI5KY

here is my 56 vicki with a stroker 351ect

Attached Files:

13. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Nice fords one of my fellow club members has a 55

14. Damn, that's nice, RI5TY! I like the yellow on your '56, and the way you ran the tailpipes under the bumper. I'm planning to have my exhaust route out the same way.
    What mufflers are you running, or do you have straights?

[​IMG]

15. Keith_Indy

Keith_Indy

That is sweet lookin'

Where is that trim over the door from?

16. skoh73

skoh73

Just found the thread and haven't had time to go through it all yet, so forgive me if it has been mentioned already: come and join the 52-56 Ford owners group. Great bunch of people, and just hit 200 strong.

17. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Here is my 55 Vicky. She is undergoing surgery currently.

Just did the front disc brake swap with new booster/master/prop valve.
    302 and AOD is acquired and getting rebuilt over the winter.
    New harness being installed next month

Here she is the day we got her.
    [​IMG]

Here she is currently

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  18. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Stock '56 Fairlane Victoria trim (wasn't used on '56 Customline Victorias).

19. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

A 55 I used to have

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  20. I didn't know they made a Customline Victoria in '56, I thought all Victorias were in the Fairlane trim line, though I do like the looks of the '55 Customline side trim on that Vicky with the Merc wagon taillights.

21. twochops

twochops

My first Ford--------TwoChops

Attached Files:

22. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Thanks. There were no Customline Vics in '55, but here's what a '56 Customline Vic looks like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  23. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

24. Hey dullchrome, they arent too hard to find. There was a 56 4dr for sale in the classifieds for a long time. I was going to pick it up but it finally sold. Keep your eyes open. They are awesome cars!

Does anyone know who makes new tail light lenses for the 56 merc wagon tails? I want the original type not afte market one peice.

25. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I found a guy in Europe (Swedish or Dutch, don't remember which) who makes cast plastic replicas of both the tail and the backup lenses. They were fairly pricey; I think $70/pr for tails and $55 for b/u's -- something like that. If you're interested, PM me and I'll try to dig up his contact info.

26. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

Here is mine I just pulled it in the garage for the winter to start my body and paint work.

Attached Files:

27. toxictom

toxictom

thats not my car, but from an friend of mine ! i think you should see some pict. from this crazy ride...:)
    was a 4 door, now a topturn...! shortened malibu frame, airride, dropped spindles...

Attached Files:

28. Tacson

Tacson

Thunderbird will you pm me and let me know where this pic was taken if it was in Rutherford County. I would love to take a pic of my 55 F100 There. THanks

29. thunderplex

thunderplex

...completely stock (except wheels) black 1956 Customline (272 3-speed) and completely non-stock Gray 1956 Mainline business coupe (428 4-speed). I've had these two forever.

Mercury wagon taillights available below (shamless plug, but somebody wants'em)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404298

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  30. 55Brodie

55Brodie

Attached Files: