Register now to get rid of these ads!

how low can i go

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRAGULA54, Sep 12, 2009.

1. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

so im thinkin bout try 2 bring my 54 chevy down to the earth a little more and was wonderin if anyone out there knew how far i could go maybe before i have to start notching and possible raising crossmembers or anything. any advice other ideas or photos of some other 54 chevys lowered would help thanks

2. inliner54

inliner54

3-4 inches in the rear then you will start to bottom out. if you want them low you have to notch em.

3. Pretty much from stock you can go 3 or 3 1/2 inches in the back before you have bottoming out issues. Up front I went with dropped uprights and cut 1 coil for about 3 1/2 inches of drop. I'm happy with the height and stance. Todd

4. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

What they said. 3 or so in the front and 4 in the back. I put dropped uprights and lowering springs in mine and it got the front down 3 1/2 almost 4 inches. the rear I dearched the springs and put 3" lowering blocks and it pretty much rides on the bumpstops.

I'm going mustang II in the front and notching the rear with a Gambino kit with a 4 link in the rear real soon.

I'm not bagging it and I don't want to lay frame but it just isn't sitting low enough for me. I am thinking somewhere between Moonglow and Grapevine.

5. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

yes i like the moonglow stance a lot for right now if i could achive that but i want 2 end up bagging it at some point and will also be using a gambino 4 link and notch its a real good set up

6. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

where can i get a set of dropped uprights for the 54

7. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

FatMan definately, or maybe Gambino (I'm not sure)

8. inliner54

inliner54

[​IMG]Or make your own

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

notch that thing!