Register now to get rid of these ads!

how is this welder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freebird101, Jan 2, 2010.

1. wicked creations

wicked creations
    from oklahoma

We bought one about 8 or 9 years ago and i cant kill it! I weld everything with the power all the way up and only turn it down for sheet metal. It has been a tuff lil SOB. Plus if you get good at welding with it you can weld anything with the miller lincoln or hobart... For $90 bucks and a roll of lincoln wire its not bad for smaller stuff. Its great to have for a backup just dont expect it to be a high dollar welder. I must have ran 30 or more 1lbs spools and as I said it just wont Fing die!!!!

2. look at everlast its a good unite
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/
    i got the ultra 205 multi unite works good nice plasma & tig combo this is for steel on tig
    i have a big welder for aluminum

3. Herdez

Herdez

NR 211 .030 and I recommed the dual strap ground clamp too.

On the same note I like a cheap welder. The basics are there for a 110 version with transformer and switches. If you dont like it in its stripped stages then hot rod it with timer delays, DC conversion, and extra 110 power outlets for lighting. lol! In the end its just a cheapo go have fun welder.

We modify hot rods all day long why not a welder?:rolleyes:

4. indyjps

indyjps

the only thing I find on craigslist are the generator / welders for jobsites. Damn I dont need that much welder.

5. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

There you go!!! Thank you. NR 211 it is, then.

6. lilclay81

lilclay81
    from illinois

it is junk. Keep your eye on here or craiglist. I got one form a guy on craiglist it is a miller 140 mig welder. Picked it up for 300 bucks. All it needed was a new gun liner. The thing is like brand new

7. brad chevy

brad chevy

Junk,junk,junk, its miller time.