Register now to get rid of these ads!

how is this effect created

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by your wheelbase is how big, Sep 17, 2008.

1. th-th-th-thats Alsa, folks?

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

[​IMG]

3. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

For sure Alsa Corps Cystal FX,the stuffs tricky but it does work if you know the tricks.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

WINNER>>>>
    Dave

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

how is this effect created?

Other than the correct answer, which is ALSA, other possible answers include:

-Who cares, it's fucking hideous

I guess there's just the one other answer.

6. ditto...belongs on an a drift racers car or some new Paul Jr. and Paul. Sr. creations

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I don't really know what it is, nor do I care a whole lot because it is kinda ugly, but a cool effect nonetheless.

Its not a marbalizer (saran wrap trick) and its not a wrap because its too "real." The marbalizer would be a more random arrangement of lines, no one could be that exact with a piece of saran wrap.

Theres alot of ugly paint effects out there that don;t make a whole lot of sense on certain panels, but being a painter I like to learn as much as I can about new things. Not my taste, but I can appreciate the quality. Find a flaw.

8. paint101

paint101
    from SC

I did it back around March. You have to spray your under color (like silver) then clear it. Dry sand with 320 and then you clean it and apply the product. You have to let it air vry with like a fan blowing across it. The spray your 2nd color (black). Once that's drys you lightly sand the 2nd color off with 800 or 1000 grit water paper. Then you can Kandy over (like in photo) and clear. It's a bit of a job but not a big deal. Hope this helps.

9. brandon

brandon

like anything else , when used in moderation , they look cool...would make a cool base for a fed cowl center design , with about a 8 color fade going over it.....same goes for the marblizer.... brandon:D

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Lace and flake are hard to beat for a cool look.

11. marodder62

marodder62

I work for PPG and a few years ago we were trying to create new effects and got a similar look by, believe it or not , moth balls in a slow solvent with a fine pearl. The moth balls seem to create this crystal effect.

12. i gotta agree there royal
    i like the bike but dont if you know what i mean its an incredible finish not a mark or silicon or nothing but it was a bit to muchfor the whole bike heres a pic so you can see what i mean
    [​IMG]