Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is Hambandy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NYfatboy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Happy new year Andy! I saw Sinisterkustoms "HAMBANDY" Cruise t-shirt from your stay in Seattle at our local HAMB & eggs breakfast gathering and was asking about you. So, its good to hear you are doing okay.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

And if that isn't enough info for you, check your local paper here:

http://www.thetelegram.com/index.cfm?main=gallery&cid=1661

I've got a real copy from Andy's Great Aunt who just happens to live in Clio MI not far from where the GMBs do our HAMB Breakfasts!

Glad to hear he is doing well. He's still in my prayers and thoughts. My boys are in the same age bracket and can't wait to drive their cars, too!

3. atch

atch

Mine, too.

Andy, I found this thread because I was searching to see if there is any update on you. So rather than starting a new update request, let me chime in here on this post to tell you that you're on my prayer list and I think of you often.

Here's hoping that us folks who happen to live quite a ways from you can get the opportunity to meet you one day. Maybe at the '09 H.A.M.B. Drags in August.

I'm pretty sure that if you're up to the trip that the H.A.M.B. world will do whatever it takes to help you get there. I know I'll do whatever I can. You're a legend and an inspiration and we all want to hang out with you someday.

Additional updates are always on our request list.

B-T-W; if it's half as cold there as it is here you're probably not out cruising today. BUT, next spring when you get the sedan out please post more pix.

4. movingviolation

movingviolation

For those who are on facebook (crackbook) Andy Dunn is on there and you can even use the chat features!!!!

I chatted with him 2 days ago, he quit taking the experimental drugs that were making him feel like crap and he seemed to be quite back to himself. Soooooo if your up for the task hook up with Andy on facebook;)

5. pitman

pitman

Leon,
    You're a good man!
    Will do...Pitman

6. RichG

RichG

One of the first threads I read on here was HambAndy and what was done for him...

Andy, I hope things are going well for you, and you are in my thoughts everytime I come on here.:)

7. bigken

bigken

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Andy............

8. This is/was great news, was planning on posting asking how its all shaking out and decided to do a search first. Glad everything is going well.

9. There's not much more that I can add that hasn't already been said. I'm just happy to here that you're doing good. And I bet you had a shit eating grin from ear to ear that couldn't be wiped off when you took your car for its maiden roadtrip.....joe

10. So, how about it, young man? :rolleyes:

How's about a few words from the "man hisself"?

Let us know how you and your family are doing!

11. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

^^^^^^Exactly! Andy! How you doing buddy? curious minds would like to know . . .

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Hi Andy, Good to hear someone is keeping up with you. I've been wondering how things have been going with you and your health. I've been making resturn vistits to our hospital getting my knees replaced. Got one done in October and the other one is in 2 weeks. I'll be up and running for the summer if everything goes well. Any chance you will be coming to the drags this year?

Frank

13. movingviolation

movingviolation

Andy is currently in Hosptial........this is another dent in the fender on Andys journey. As i get information to what exactly is going on i will post it. I can tell you however he plans on having his model a out to the islands biggest car show this year.

Remember, Andys a fighter and quit is not in his vocabulary ..... He is inspirational to say the least.

I dont think he has net service in the Janeway, but i was asked to visit him so when i do i will give you all an update and tell ya all what he is saying.....

Thanks for keeping Andy in your thoughts

Leon

14. Bill Schickling

Bill Schickling

Give em hell Andy

15. Kick its ass again Andy! We all know you can! you've been doing it for so long now, it should be getting tired of trying to get you by now. It should also figure out it CANT!!!!!

16. movingviolation

movingviolation

Just spoke to Chris....should visit Andy tommorrow if he is up for it.

Andy was in intense pain and the doctors have now gotten this under control, he is doing lots of sleeping and very little complaining (thats Andy). I havent got much more to add today but will asap.

Leon

17. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

We all give andy our best wishes. Even tho many of us dont know him personally its always great to hear something positive even tho there are many things that are not going so positive.

Maybe this is all happening now so this summer he will be just fine and able to drive that awsome MODEL A!!!!!

18. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Do you have a mailing addy for the hospital? I may send him a card or two.......gotta' keep the kids spirits up.......as if they are ever down.

Chris

19. pitman

pitman

Any word on an address?