Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is everyone in Texas?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old beet, Sep 14, 2008.

1. skyrodder

skyrodder

i still dont have power, and there were downed trees here too, there is no reason for the carport that i built to still be standing with no damage at all.. the sectioned 54 was under it.. the way i see it, the kustom gods have spoken, I must build this car!

i am on my company laptop that i use in the feild, it's slowww, so i will talk to you guys/gals when i get power back....

2. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

My girl's parents are in Houston and have a house in Galveston that like a good 100 yards off the gulf. The house is actually still there as we could see in NOAA overhead shots. No telling what it looks like though. Power is still scarce down there in Houston, but there OK. This was a rough one.

3. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

we got power back about 3:00 this evening. I dodged the bullet for sure. My subdivision is thrashed. Some houses totaled ,some just tree damage. I got a few shingles and a lot of limbs in the yard. I watched my neighbors barn roof go east ,then it seemed like a few minutes it came back west. I went in the house and hunkered down for a few hours. Folks on the coast lost it all. Neighbors had a beach house, now gone. Found the boat 8-10 miles from dock. he had a cartoon painted on the side and a friend recognized it. We were lucky. death toll keeps rising every day. I finally got to take a hot shower-priceless! Thanks to all that called and left messages. I'll get back with you. TP Life is good.

4. tlbob

tlbob
    from colorado

good luck to all of you glad to hear everybody is doing ok for the most part.My work sent out i think about 150 linemen from colorado and minnesota wissconsin area to help out on monday i hope they get you guys back online soon.

5. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

sorry to hear that bernie.

-danny

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

102 days now

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My hearts goes out to everyone effected. I wish there was something I could do to help. It's heartwarming to read about neighbor helping neighbor. Good luck with the cleanup. I'll keep ya all in my thoughts.

8. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

We are still without water and power, but our building has made arrangements with another loft to let us use there model home for showers today. Yaaaaaay no more bottled water baths.......for your info the rear engine cover on the corvair van heats gallons of bottled water up real nice lol

9. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

We lucked out HUGE.
    Shop lost the back fence, and I lost a fence at the house. Got power back late SATURDAY (sorry for everyone without it), and the shop got power back on Wednesday.
    Just flat lucky as hell. We had 9 people staying with us until today. Half went out of town for a wedding for this weekend, and half got their power back this morning. So the wife, baby and I are going to chill, hang out with each other, and maybe clean up our house its a mess with that many people for a week.

10. aldixie

aldixie

Still no power, looks like it will be next week before its back on. Insurance accessor came yesterday. Looks like I'm getting a new roof for the garage although it was just minor. Fences are covered and repair to the roof. Also if any of you are insured with USAA they are giving you upto $500 for each refrigerator content. The guy was very fair.

Alex

11. The Monkey

The Monkey

Been handing out Ice, Water and MREs for the last 6 days, several blisters and nice sun burn, but no major property damage at my house. Just got power and wife is headed back home with all my kids, haven't seen them since last thursday. Theres a rumor floating around that their gonna release my division early so I can go home early, so it's all good.

the EOC just advised us theres another storm brewin.

12. I'm okay... house is messed up but the T is okay... Won't get to work on it for a while though we got power back the other day but still no water...

13. SpookyDad

SpookyDad
    from Cypress TX

Our Internet is finally back up! I put away the generator and stuff today only to have the power go out. This time it was only for an hour but all the neighbours walked out into the street and nobody was happy! Still we are better off than a lot of folks in town.

Neil

14. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Thanks to all the Canadians that were working in our part of town. really likeable guys. They came in here like the calvery with their flags fying. I thought at first that the hockey team had arrived. Thanks for the help. TP

15. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Son and his family jammed out of Clear Lake to Austin. We went to Pasadena, and slept thru the worst of it. Broken trees and yard mess, no house damage; power is back as of this pm. Tomorrow is clean up day. Drove right up to a gas pump this pm. Ate like a little piggy on thawing deer sausage and t bone steak. Got hold of a gasoline generator and had lights and one 'fridge. Turned cool right after the storm. Natural gas is the only dependable energy source when these damn things hit. We were fortunate.

16. Man, thoughts go out to all ya'all on the Gulf and surrounding areas!

17. kisam

kisam

I am so thankful! We got power back Thursday night. Brokenspoke- thanks for the driveby to check on my family. I was sent down south on the "hurricane ride out crew", but did sneak home with an AC unit and got the generator going. Thanks for all the emails and phone calls. I will post some pics when I get caught up.
    Kathy

18. chuxx

chuxx

We headed to Denton, then on to Virginia to stay with family until we got power back, halfway through TN and we heard we got power back, we'll head back home early Monday. No damage to our house, we secured for sea and cleaned out the fridge and freezer (we learned from Rita).

Anybody know of a junkyard to scrounge for old parts in the Staunton area of Virginia?

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My sister is still without power, but at least the stores and gas stations are not as crowded. All in all, we came out okay. Clean up is a bitch, but it's good to have a feeling of normalcy slowly coming back.

On a funny note, all the piles of dead trees and wood, look like a beaver convention came to town.

The four legged kind! Geesh! get your minds out of the gutter.:D

20. West side back with power. Huge oak down and fence down in yard. Our Ranch in East Tx still without power. Cut trees, fixed fence and moved cows for 3 days. No power...no well water ! Took a bath in the pond each night. The Border Collie could not figure me out with shampoo in the hair in the pond !

Weather was relly nice after the storm,so I was able to pull parts off a donor car in the barn.

21. gonzo2424

gonzo2424

I am originally from Galveston like my buddy Joeks... Ive been going doing almost every weekend to work. This last weekend Ive started to notice a little change on the island, but still has a lot of work because of IKE. They have four-story mounds of debris the size of a few football fields sitting off of broadway. Fortunately for me and my family our house was fine, I feel bad for some of my friends and everyone who lost almost everything.