Register now to get rid of these ads!

how do you represent the HAMB ideals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aerocolor, Jun 17, 2013.

1. This thread has been pretty entertaining. I've started several posts, but never completed one, due to the fact that neither of my '40's are 100% "traditional", and the '37 sedan that I put over 11,000 miles on, in the 9 months that I had it, had an EFI Vortec 350 in it. I don't quite fit the "HAMB" traditional description.

What I do know, however, is that the HAMB is a wealth of knowledge. I've used the search function to answer a TON of questions that I have had while working on my hot rods.

I have gained several new friends, due to being on the HAMB, and have been tracked down at car events to talk cars with guys that I hadn't met, but traded PMs and comments with here. If it weren't for the HAMB, I wouldn't have known DrDave and Arkiehotrods, and would have probably skipped the Stray Kat 500, where I met TooTallOkie, Dan Greenberg, and a host of other great guys.

Regarding shows and such, for me, it's about hanging out with friends and making new ones. I don't go to many, and never go to one expecting to win anything other than the prize of someone taking a picture of one of my '40s and expressing interest in it. I get a thrill out of letting a kid sit behind the wheel and get their pictures taken in my cars, hoping that it plants a seed in them to grow up wanting a hot rod.

Most anyone who knows me knows that I drive my '40s more often than I do my OT vehicle. The only time I drive the OT is if I am heading for an extended work trip, and sometimes, I've been known to do that in the coupe.

I appreciate the HAMB for being the community that it is and I appreciate that I can participate, even though I haven't thrown any bones to Ryan yet.

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Anytime I need a laugh, I just keep coming back to this one. :D

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

AMEN brotha, three thumbs up.

4. "Regarding shows and such, for me, it's about hanging out with friends and making new ones. I don't go to many, and never go to one expecting to win anything other than the prize of someone taking a picture of one of my '40s and expressing interest in it. I get a thrill out of letting a kid sit behind the wheel and get their pictures taken in my cars, hoping that it plants a seed in them to grow up wanting a hot rod."

This, My friends, is what it's all about........

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

You can change the dates depending on what show you are at, but for HAMB people Pre and Post 1965 cars don't mix well IMO. Bob