Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do Auto Lein's work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lazer5000, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

This peice of crap state I live in is trying to rape every dollar they can out of me. They are threatening to put a lein on my '48 for back registration even though the car was non-oped 4 years ago. I am planning on retitling the car anyway. So my question is this, the lein is on the vin right? Not on me? It won't come up when registering other vehicles will?

Just wanted to make sure befor I get sassy with them on the phone.

2. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

LAZ, they use the state franchise tax board...They will pull the fee's right out of your paycheck !
    If you have the proof of non - op, gather it up and go fight it !
    If you have no proof....It's their game and you are going to pay. IMO (from personal experience ) Take care of it now ! It only gets more expensive as time goes on..
    Dave

3. squirrel

squirrel

might specify in the subject line that you're in California, because each state is different

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Pay it if you cant find the non-op. They get real ugly then real mean real fast.
    You will reel from what they can do. I had issues with a 46 military dodge and it was fierce what this "little lady" had, power wise. She probably had young men "put on the lotion" iffn ya get what I mean.

5. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Thanks guys. This really pisses me off. I'll just wait for my next "ecenomic stimulus" check.

6. Hey Ryan...someone must be messing with you, or complaining about the car. I had my F-100 on non-op (obviously in CA) while I was in Wyoming, being broke, getting married, etc...

The truck was always in storage, but when I finally started the registration up again, I just paid the current year and was good to go. Mine was on non-op for 10 years, and remained "in the system" the whole time...

Good luck buddy, let me know if you need any help...

7. Spity

Spity

What happened to the land of the free? You know the one I went to war to protect? Hearing about this stuff so much these days makes me sick.

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

That's government for ya.

9. brad chevy

brad chevy

In the county i live in in florida,if you have a car in your ,it has to be tagged or registered,or you can pay the county $100 dollars a year and classify it as being restored,just another way to get the dollar out of our pocket.unless you are a an ass kissing politician you can"t beat the system!

10. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yes, you can fight city hall, but the odds are you won't win...............If I planned on keeping the vehicle and driving it any time in the future I would bite the bullet and get the paperwork current. "Yes ma'amm, how much and when?"

11. Swifster

Swifster

Which is why my Daytona still has it's MI title and why I haven't titled my Commander...

12. mj40's

mj40's

I have not heard that one. I have been working with DMV and the transportation dept for 30 years+ thru Idaho's collector vehicle lobbying organization and never heard of that one.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well back in the old days you didn't need insurance to register a car, and registration was cheap back then. when it fell out of the system you lied under oath saying it had been stored at whatever address you have it at now and registration was easy.

about 14 years ago I cut my worn out Datsun pickup in half to make a trailer. kept some stuff, sold some stuff and gave the rest to the scrap guy. I still got the trailer... al legal and registered.

once the fees went delinquent the DMV got all shitty with me. I had to fill out a form saying I scrapped it.

there was no DMV in Road Warrior:cool: