Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical How did they get my email address?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Yeah just deleted this morning. Said they were family owned, from the U.K. unwanted solicitations Drive me nuts.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Yeah, if I’m interested in what they got, I’ll find them, that kinda e-mail just chapps my butt. Thanks for barking at em.

3. I got one yesterday it was in my promotional folder I never look there. Checked spam last night and figured I was clean guess not. But I don't need to open it you guys already did:p

4. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

@Ebbsspeed lol! that’s funny right there! Hilarious brother.

lothiandon1940 and Bam.inc like this.
  5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got it, too, but didn't get too excited about it. I went to their site and it's crap I wouldn't be interested in. I figure they're just getting their company name out there, so no big deal.

Now, if I start getting one from them every freakin' day..............................

Saxman likes this.
  6. I received the email too.

7. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the email. Not thrilled about it but I know they didn't get it from this site. Not too hard to get this info these days. Nothing you do on the internet is private.
    At the bottom of the email there is a spot you can click on called "unsubscribe" Just click on it and it sends them an email to take you off of their email list.
    You can add a few comments to it if you feel inclined to really let them know how unhappy you are about it.

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

If you click on that "unsubscribe" link, and it's a phishing email, what you did was open up your system to their spyware. Best to label it spam and allow your email service to delete it.

harpo1313, Saxman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^^^^^^ That's right !

10. Hombre

Hombre

Guys, You know four pages and still going strong, make me wonder if any of you ever got any spam before. They got our e-mails, how is another question, I personally know that Ryan didn't give it to them and is pissed that they did what they did. In the end its just spam, man. Hell I get them all the time and just let my spam protector take care of it. Its just the way things work some of the crap we get e-mailed is spam, its not going to stop because everyone is pissing and moaning about it.

11. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Hey I jut realized I got one too (just getting caught up.).

In the meantime I realized I have not heard from any Nigerian princes in quite a while so happy to hear there are still opportunities out there.

FYI- if I figure giving out my email has no benefit beyond turning in myself as a marketing target, I sometimes make mistakes when I provide it.

12. slack

slack

Hell no. I want em to strain their eyes til they go blind.:rolleyes:

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  13. sportster-bob

sportster-bob

I did not get the email but I'm sure they're out there watching us. I'm putting a double layer of tinfoil on my hat just in case!

Lou kriger and czuch like this.
  14. In case the boss doesn't chime in @Ryan does not sell trade or barter information about us. He is a very private man.

I think that if you look at your profile there is a way to show or hide your email addy. I haven't looked at mine in a while. But they may be worth looking into.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  15. ...........................'beaner, see posts 30 and 71.:)

Dino 64 likes this.
  16. ^This! It's not a huge deal to me. I get spam all the time. It sounds like some fellas trying to make a go of it in business. Good for them. They didn't have anything I'm interested in buying but at least it is something hotrod related. Like Tagman said, if they were sending me emails everyday I might be a little pissed though.

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got one too. Time for the:

"Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in."

18. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Got one too. Deleted it. Thought not much about it. In this day and age everybody has access to everything! The unsubscribe and delete are our best friends.

19. Yea I already caught those, for some reason I didn't catch how long the thread was when I posted.:eek::oops:

20. 5window

5window

Well, now. If it had been Billie Delivers the Groceries, I might have been interested. But that's just me. :)