Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical How can I install Lincoln Zephyr door buttons in my 1935 Ford 5W

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Do it Over, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Do it Over

Do it Over
    from NYC, NY

I love the look of the Zephyr door buttons and plan to buy a set for my 1935 5W. Anyone have a thread to an install? My issue is where can I get linkage to work with them? I have bear claw latches installed but the release is in a different plain. The button is in/out my latch is up/down. Is there a latch that works with the buttons ? I plan to replace my bear claws to a locking type.

2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Bellcrank? Maybe more than one needed, depending on what you need to do.

Start with how did the stock setup work originally?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Contact "Stu D Baker" on the Hamb, nicest guy in the world, Did a really great job of putting them on his 37 sedan. Tell Him Bill Rinaldi told you to P.M. him.

mgtstumpy and Do it Over like this.
  4. Do it Over

Do it Over
    from NYC, NY

Thanks. Just did.

5. I thought about them for my 41 Chevy truck but same issue, Bear Claw latches that function the wrong way.
    A little different but in a how to in Rodders Digest they made the outside mirror spring loaded and tilt up and down to trip the Bear Claw latches.
    I've also seen an inside door lock button, well it was a machined aluminum dome shape, used on the outside of the door glass that only protruded out the door a 1/2 inch, pushed down it tripped the latch.
    So I'll be interested in seeing if you can come up with a way for the Lincoln to button work without interfering with the window glass.