Register now to get rid of these ads!

How big is your box!... (p/u box, 32-34 fords)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbender, Nov 1, 2003.

1. I'm getting ready to mock up my 33. I'd like to see some side shots of 32 to 34 pick ups with different bed lengths. Thanks!

2. You've seen this a millyun times but here it is again. A stock 26 ford model T pickup box

Attached Files:

3. I never tire of seeing that truck, Rocky. Do you know how long the box is?

4. mecutem

mecutem

heres a 32 box stock lenght......

Attached Files:

5. mecutem

mecutem

here is same box shortened a lot....can't remeber how much I took off the back of box sides. I tried to equal out the space ahead of and behind fender.

Attached Files:

6. mecutem

mecutem

this pic may not be of much help but this too is the shortened 32 box. You can get an idea of the difference roof height makes on profile. The great hamb photochoppers helped me out a little on this one a while back. Steve

Attached Files:

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

First pic of my truck mocked up -- stock '34 cab & bed, full fenders, lowering complete, final wheel & tires selected -- I thought the proportions were good.

Attached Files:

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Now at 95% assembled, settled more than expected, shit! We shoulda shortened the bed.

Attached Files:

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Woops, all better! The stacks corrected the body-to-bed proportion, just like it was supposed to be!

Attached Files:

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

This is the truck that inspired mine: '32 cab, model A bed and rear fenders, stacks -- but now that mine is done, I'm glad it's more nearly stock. The A bed looks too small to me now with a stock-height cab.

Attached Files:

11. My box was shortened by just cutting the end off it (by some dimwit before I owned it), I took it apart, swapped sides, then added some metal at the front to get the wheel more or less in the middle of the wheel belt line, then put the bed stakes where they're supposed to be.

[​IMG]

12. haring

haring

Christian, I can't remember if I've seen your truck before -- if so, it was a long time ago. That is one CRAZY bend in the frame!

13. manyolcars

manyolcars

Christian, I REALLY like the cartoon look of your truck. I have a very nice 33-34 bed for sale.

14. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Ive found an AA truck box for my A RPU, does anyone know if they were bigger/wider than a normal pickup box?
    will probably shorten it so length isnt important.

15. Tinbender: I measured the box but forgot the measurement. Sorry.

16. Don't ya just hate that! [​IMG]