Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about a FREE 5-window '31 coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farmer, Jun 13, 2005.

1. That's what I found on Saturday. I was on my way to the shop cruising the garage sales and stopped by a place where I'd seen the front of a '31 A cowl laying in the gravel driveway a couple o weeks prior. I didn't see the cowl so I went up and knocked on the door to ask about it. A total ding dong hippie chic answered the door- couldn't have been a nicer lady but clueless, which was a bonus. I inquired about the old car parts and she said " the landlord is clearing ALL of this stuff out in the yard to the dump TODAY, so you better take what you want now if you want it." So I go out back and see the cowl under a tarp. I lift the tarp and find a complete '31 Model a 5-window coupe.
    The only thing missing was the deck lid. Long story short, 20 minutes later, a 5 window coupe is sitting in the shop driveway for FREE. The body is dented up, but almost no rot. The subframe is complete and all there. the lower edge of the whole body is Solid except the passenger cowl panel. Unreal. I sold it to a hamber and then they backed out so I am keeping it since I found a place to keep it. We are going to cherry the body out, chop the top a few inches and it'll be my next build or I'll sell the body once it's chopped and nice.
    Not bad for a Saturday find! I always hear of this stuff happening to other guys, I never thought it would happen to me. Keep yer eyes open fellas and don't be afraid to ask! :) I'll post pics next week.

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Karma is a wonderful thing... Congrats....

3. I say! thanks zman.....how's that roadster coming along?

4. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Congrats dude! Whatever your doing with your life, keep it up. You must be living right:D Sparky

5. gearhead1940

gearhead1940

Congrats! Very cool!

6. Aw man! That's great! I can't believe the hippie chick didn't want it. It must have had soap on it or something.

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Excellent score.

8. I had to rescue it for fear that the hippies would get crazy ideas and make some sort of "Burning Man" vehicle out it with bicycles...lol

9. 30roadster

30roadster

HAHAHA - now that funny!

10. Roothawg

Roothawg

Cool score dude. It's about time for you to be repaid.......

11. Maybe you should paint it paisley and put in a VW motor :D

12. I won't do that, but what I will do is christen it with a vial of pachouly oil on it's maiden voyage!.....OR run bong water in the radiator mixed in with coolant!

13. bttt for those who need to still believe that the iron is out there....

14. Every time I hear about one like that it's either rotted out to the point of no return, or so far up in the woods you need the Army Corps of Engineers to get a road in there to pull it out. My buddy knows about an A sport coupe that's like that, to get it out involves taking it apart and hauling it over a rickety bridge of some sort. So yeah, it is out there - cool score to get a freebie you could just hook onto and haul away.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

All you have to do is carry one roadster body across the country on top of a station wagon and you get a free coupe... Hmmm...

It's coming along slower than I hoped. The frame is just about ready. The front suspension is complete except for brakes. I'm stalled on putting together the quick change for it...

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Well, I don't know you.... and probably don't deserve it... but OK, I accept! :D

Great story! Congrats!

17. Very cool! I spotted a complete '36 coupe in a carport with surface rust. Left my number on the windshield, maybe I'll have the same luck! :D

18. And I just so happen to be looking for one...

Talk to me John... via PM if you want to turn it into a fist full of money...

Sam.

19. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

For Shizzzzzle Farmer, thats bitch'n!

20. Muttley

Muttley

21. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Wowizer! Now that is a good deal.

22. Did you get her number?:D

23. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

i'll give you three times what you paid for it :D

good score man....BUILD IT!

building these things on the cheap is the way to go...ive got a good start on my 31 truck...almost all parts collected and i only have about 950 in it so far

zach

24. brandokust

brandokust

Congratulations man, you have a obligation to ressurect it and make it an awesome hot rod.

25. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Whats that song??

"Some guys have all the luck"....

Congrats...where are the pics??

Hopefully the landlord isnt going 'Now what the hell happend to that coupe body?? I know it was back here under the tarp,,,god dang it...lolol

Dirty

26. It now has a new owner......Sold to "el scotto" here on the Hamb from Livermore, Ca. I'm glad to see it go and get built. I gotta focus on my truck so I had to move it down the road and also had no space for it. Scott's a nice guy and I think he'll whip it into one hell of a coupe. Keep us posted Scott!

27. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

don't take this wrong but...I HATE YOU:D ...lucky bastard! I can't find something around here worth making a flower planter and you got one for free????....Good score...now I'm gonna go kick the dog:rolleyes:

28. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

cool deal farmer! too bad you don't know how to post pictures :p