Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOUSTON HAMB- Galveston Fun Run Cancelled - Details....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Apr 12, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

So when I called the lady in galveston on the civic council or whatever she didn't mention the annual Kappa Beach Party would be held this weekend.

Due to college kids packing the island this weekend, the city closes all but three streets from what I understand. Unless you live there of course.

We would have to pay to cruise down broadway to the east end.

This sucks. My fault though for not being thorough.

Anyone have any ideas for the same weekend or a suggested date for a future event?

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

That sucks....how about the weekend after Pate????

3. madmak95

madmak95

which weekend is pate again?....18-20 right?
    [​IMG]

4. Brad S.

Brad S.

Ok...

If anyone has a flyer for a galveston run on May 5th please throw me a bone. Scan it and send it to me or at least PM me the information on it. Lucky Strike and I were talking about hooking up with these folks possibly.

5. Brad S.

Brad S.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hey, I just got wind of a car show in Friendswood this weekend. I'll try and get more details, if anyone is interested.

7. I heard about the Friendswood run, a few guys from Tx City and some of the Highway Horrors are going. I grew up there, I don't know how friendly Friendswood will be to a bunch of loud, rowdy hot rodders...

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

9. there is some car shit goin on in baytown this weekend to i dont know much about it though

10. I've been to Texas Ave. Baytown on a Sat. night before, it was pretty cool.

11. xtralow 60

xtralow 60
    from houston

We could always head down to Texas City to Richards new house and beak his new neighbors in right. Party at Richards after the show ?

12. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

Both sound good but seems like it might be on another day

13. Brad S.

Brad S.

14. BBobb

BBobb

15. Good idea Bryan, the Turtle Club is a cool place.

16. xtralow 60

xtralow 60
    from houston

The poker run sounds like a good idea. Who's up for it ? Bikes , hot rods and beer. Count me in.

17. Brad S.

Brad S.

I'm trying to get my hoopty fixed ASAP so I can get back oh the road. If I can get it done...count me in.

18. BBobb

BBobb

i will post start A thread later this afternoon with all the info for all that will be interested TRUST ME FOLKS IT WILL BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

19. BBobb

BBobb

Ok Guys,Here a little better info on this run

Seeing as though the houston area HAMB week end cruise that was set for this Saturday the 19th has been canceled I am hoping that I can round up a few of you good folks in the area to hook up with us Saturday morning. This is going to be alot of fun, this is for a good friend of our local community his 12 year old son came down with a rare form of lukemia about a year ago. And up until about 6 weeks ago he did not have a chance of makin it. But by the grace of the lord they found an exact match (marrow) donor which will give this child a 60 % chance to live. Unfortunatly the donor is located in Europe. So we are hopin to scrounge up enough money to fly the donor here to the states to give this child a chance to make it. The Saturday schedule is as follows:

First stop:

Warwick Construction 365 Dixie Farm Road Houston, Tx 77034
    20.00 Per Person Registration @ 9 am and Raffle Prizes complimentary Mimosa and Bloody Mary Bar, Coffee and Donuts. last bike out at 12pm sharp

Second Stop:
    Bubs sports Bar 2200 Hwy 35 Bypass in Alvin, Tx between FM 517 and FM 528. BACA ( BIKERS AGAINST CHILD ABUSE ) Will be holding a very large well organized benefit of their own. Therefore we will be supporting another great cause there will be a raffle for a 27" flat screen tv, there will be a cash bar and cash catfish plate lunch. A live band lots of cold beer and of course BYOB.

Third and Last Stop:
    Lance's Turtle Club 2613 1/2 NASA Pkwy, Seabrook, Tx
    Last bike in a 4:30 pm sharp to be eligible for cash prizes 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. This is the home base for our benefit. There will be another raffle and a 50/50 givaway. There will be a complimentary dinner served that is included in your 20.00 entry fee. There will be a silent auction followed by a live auction to start at 5pm. There will be a live band drink and beer specials until 11pm. In the event that enough of you hot rodders and bike riders rsvp me we will have our own section of the parking lot roped off for our stuff. We are anticipating one hell of a turn out. If you would like more details or to donate auction or door prize items please contact Bryan Bobb @ 832-309-0647 or Daryl Turner @ 713-253-7253 or PM me and I can get right back to you.
    <!-- / message -->