Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston Auto Upholstery Shop Estate Sale--NOTHING over $5.00

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MeteorMan, Mar 27, 2009.

1. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Veterens Auto Trim Estate Sale (Houston).
    See attached for pics and details. Just west of downtown Houston.
    http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/57618.aspx

These guys have been at this for a while and the last one was supposed to be the last one. Every time I've gone I've found more stuff I can't live without. There are several warehouses full of all kinds of stuff, from upholstery supplies to tools, various car parts, tons of manuals, fabric samples, etc.
    It really is worth the trip to see this place.

2. last g-man

last g-man

.........I'm there man. Should be able to shoot up there Sat afternoon.

3. I'm going over there in just a bit

4. Just got back. Scored. I owe Meteor Man a beer for the heads up. I'm set for carpet, headliners, seat cover material for my next 3-4 cars. I got material for a few tops. A new soft top for a Jeep. Total Cost: $60.00

5. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Are they open all the time or just on the weekend? Edit-read the add!

6. Squablow

Squablow

If I was within 300 miles of this deal I'd buy a huge hoard of vinyl and carpet for future use. Damn, I could use a nice hog ring pliers too, and looks like a lot of trim parts that could be resold.

7. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Spyder, glad you got a good score!
    I went Saturday afternoon, all I got was some more dust collectors (wheel covers) and a big ol' Valvoline can. I noticed a big dumpster between the buildings, so I imagine they are just going to start tossing stuff pretty soon.

8. aldixie

aldixie

I've been there a few times on the weekends. The best stuff went last year with their private viewings. Lots of 40's car parts. I went a few weeks back and got enough carpet to do 2 or 3 cars. In fact I just used some of it in my car on the weekend.

9. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

whats left now ain't worth over $5:00

10. Sounds like it would have been fun rummaging. Too bad stuff like that does not happen here!

11. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

I go to estate sales practically every Sat. morning with the wife, rarely does one come up like this (almost all car related stuff).
    Most places like this (businesses) would normally go through an auction I would imagine.
    Texasred is right, there wasn't much left.

12. Well, congrats to all that scored! Our population is so small that we never get big estate sales. there are only about 150,000 in the entire West end of South Dakota!

I would have loved to find some Plaid European looking fabric for the inserts on my A! :(