Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HotRodHotline and Classic Auto Trader "SCAMS"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rice n Beans Garage, May 8, 2019.

1. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Just wondering, I see a car just re-posted on Hot Rod Hotline that was sold a year ago, I had spoke with the owner, now its advertised again ? The owner sold it but they identify the same state and contact info ?

2 cars I contacted on Classic Auto Trader, the one said they would hold the car for me with a deposit to their escrow account till I could arrange to see it ! sent me the address for the Cashiers Check.

The other sent me numerous e/mails and when I arranged to see the car "Local" the correspondence stopped, the car is still listed, I had a friend contact them and he received the same BS messages.

People must be bored.....

2. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

That's a kind word for it... Marcus...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. ems customer service

ems customer service

i respond to a similar ad for a car a few years back, the scam seller did the same thing chashiers check to escrow, i emailed back said i would bring cash in 30 min. since i lived only 3 miles from the listed address, the ad was delisted promptly. and then you can always leave the phone number for the local police station

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As spendy as Hot Rod hotline adds are (around 200 the last time I checked) it is probably a computer screw up on their part. It didn't get deleted right out of the system and a year later pops up again. That may be something to contact hot rod hotline on. Just a simple what's the deal here?
    I never check classic car trader so I don't know it very well but that more than stinks of a scam.
    I've gone out and looked at and photographed a rig for guys out of the area and others have done it in other places. I'd say that is the wise thing to do on any out of town rig you can't go see yourself. Find out if someone lives close by and ask if they will go look at it and check it out.

lothiandon1940 and deucemac like this.

5. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage