Register now to get rid of these ads!

hotrodders in the future???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1939STREETROD, Jan 2, 2008.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's the excuse ricers have for what they drive and fix up now. I can honestly say I'll never get to that stage of PANIC.

2. hairypalms

hairypalms

i read an article in a car mag the other day that said the fox body mustang is the 55 chevy of modern times. there'll always be hot rods of some kind, but because 1932 is getting further and further away and the new steel bodies cost $$$$, the snobs might not like what the next generation's hotrods are. i'm not really on either side on this one, i think a 32 ford or 55 chevy has a different kind of beauty than a fox mustang or 95 civic, but if you're a real hot rodder you should be able to make any car into something cool. i just love cars

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

4. TINGLER

TINGLER

Cars have always been disposable in the eyes of the auto makers. :D

However cars that were made 50 years ago were exciting and seen as the product of a powerful and invincible nation.

America lost a lot of innocence in the late 60's. I think that has a lot to do with how we perceive newer cars. It's no accident that after 1965 the general population of adults STOPPED dressing like adults in public.

Generally, pre 1965 you had men going around looking like Frank Sinatra with a hat and suit on. After 1965 you got grown men running around looking like Jim Morrison or something. Look at the dress code now: sloppy T-shirt and jeans. You can't tell an adult from a child nowdays. Adults and children dress the same. Everybody is a gangsta and everybody is a rockstar.

That's why we dig these old cars. They are an emblem of "better" times.

5. Old School 40

Old School 40

I think hotrods have come a long way since i was a i was a kid. Im 60 now. cant even remember all the changes , pearl paint,mono everything,billet,20inch wheels,all the high techstuff that comes and goes,and comes and goes over and over again.I still see traditional rods being built today as I did back in the 60s.:cool: I think todays young builders are as much into rods as I was if not more so. Theres way more cool rods out there now than ever.I think the future of hotrodders will be even better.

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i think there is enough interest in old cars by younger generations that the hobby is in no real danger. even as these old cars become more and more scarce and more expensive to buy/build people with a mechanical and creative bent will find a way. be it reproduction bodies, fixing the "unfixable" or just plain ole buildin it from scratch. even into the further future when perhaps gasoline will not be so readily available (or affordable) hot rodding will find a way. it might be custom bodied, hopped up electric cars, but hot rodding will find a way for as long as man has the fire and the disire to do something different, stand out from the heard... oh yeah, and to go realy fast!! :D

7. Walle

Walle

Im 17 and i love old cars! I also have other friends between 17-21 who drives/buildin' cars between 20-60's. It takes som skills and thinking to build a real kustom (and a good taste), but to build a plastic shit honda civic all you need is some screws, bondo and a "bodykit"...

I think the biggest problem is that there will come one day when the objects are gone... Here in sweden there is HARD to get an object between 20-50.... at least to a human price.

8. drdoom

drdoom
    from new jersey

we are the caretakers of hotrodding at this time,and the hotrods will always be here, long after we are gone, just taken care of by next generation of hotroders, they are out there and will always be.

9. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Who really cares......I mean, it is just a hobby and they are just old cars. Whether the hobby grows or shrinks, lives or dies ....doesn't really seem to matter. I really don’t care either way. I will still do what ever I want. :D When/if I get tired of hot rods maybe I will go back to stamp collecting…..I love this country!