Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrod heater.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dangerous Dan, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Has anyone used Jeggs hotrod heater# 70603 in their ride? It is a 12,000 btu 3 speed setup that can be ordered with everything for defrosters. I am looking for a heater for my 48 Chevy coupe and I think this is better than Flexalites Mohave heater. Please give some input if you can.

Dan,

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd get an original from ebay or a swap meet. here's the standard heater for the era. there is also a "deluxe" heater but I do not have a photo. if you want defrost you need to get another part that goes up top.

Attached Files:

• $_57.jpg
      $_57.jpg
      File size:
      474.5 KB
      Views:
  3. I agree with 49RF,,the Jeggs heater is kinda ugly but the original styled heaters have a art deco look,,and looks like they belong in a old car. HRP

[​IMG]

4. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

You could do like I did to and use the original heater if it had one. I just used a late model blower motor out of a Festiva and a heater core out of a 1990 Ram pu. A few mods and bam a cheap great heater. I even used the original controls just rewired everything. I have like less than 50 bucks in it.

5. jazz1

jazz1

I agree with the previous posts.. Original equipment heaters are excellent and easy enough to swap out the fan motor with a 12 volt. I took a heater motor out of a 70's dodge van and installed it into my OE International heater...-30 last week and no problem keeping the cab toasty warm at highway speed. The quality of aftermarket parts and accessories whether heater motors,wiper motors are all inferior to OE whether its ford, gm or yugo

[​IMG]

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

HARD CORE!^^^^^^One of these days I would like to have an old truck as my D/D. Darn automatic temp control/delay wipers and heated seats are ruining me!

7. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

i have that top im not going to use

8. greybeard360

greybeard360

I have an old Arvin heater that came out of a 50 Chevy truck. I know it didn't leak, not sure if the fan motor works. It has 1 inch heater hose tubes.... big hose ! There are a few on ebay listed as a model 74H and this looks like them. It does have defrost hose outlets! Must be a deluxe model.

9. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

The heater offered by Jegs is a modern version of a HaDees design from the late '40s - early '50s.

I have an original HaDees version in my '51 Plymouth daily driver. It works very well and fits up under the dash so it is barely visible.

10. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got a unit out of a 5? Pontiac, looks right (after I cleaned it up and painted it) I changed the motor for a 12 volt and had the core repaired for $50, here in the midwest it seems like many have frozen cores, just something to anticipate, I had another that I would like to have used but the core was damaged too much.

11. Heater ??? It was 55 degrees here yesterday and I brought the roadster out. :D Seriously though, I had a heater out of a 47 or 48 Pontiac in my 40 Chevy P.U. Three speed blower motor and a rebuilt core and it worked great and looked right at home.

Attached Files: