Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rods With a FARGO Truck Grille

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Nov 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Anybody ever build a hot rod useing a Fargo truck grille? In my Plymouth truck thread @Gandalf T Grey supplied a picture of one and i was just thinking the grille would look good in front of any number of mid '30's bodies like '32-'34 Ford or mopar. Dodge, Plymouth, or DeSoto. I'm thinking it would look cool cut down like Jake's '33 with the '37 Ford truck grille.
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

I suspect finding a good usable grill for that Fargo would be pretty hard. The Fargo was only built for Canada or other country exports, and that particular grill was probably only used for 1937 or 1938. The 1939-1947 grills were different. Gene

Stogy and Speed Gems like this.
  3. Oh yeah! Narrow it up by cutting that center piece out, lean it back a little and it could be killer in a 33-34 ford

Stogy and Speed Gems like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These posts highlight a rarity at both ends...Stock and Hotrod...Not a bad looking Grill...it does remind me of the Desoto Grille which is somewhat popular...

@Speed Gems I'm always snooping for the odder Hotrods and can't remember seeing one yet...:eek:

That said as You and Others have said it has admirable attributes.

Speed Gems likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if those Chevron Shaped pieces in the center grille were addons?

It has a Winterfront Look to it...