Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rods? ... in the tiny town of Big Horn, in the State of 'Absaroka'?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Aug 22, 2010.

1. I was gunna say legs... hes giving Miss Absaroka a run for her money in that outfit. haha

2. dsr_54

dsr_54

You got a nice picture of me staring at the ground...... ha ha ha :D

3. Indeed. you were thinking the same thing about buddy's legs.

4. Here are my pics from the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think she was trying it out to see if it "fit"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Verbal Kint, Im glad to have meet you, and thank god somebody got a better picture of that harley. Next year I make sure to have a HAMB BBQ before hand or something so we can actually all BS for longer than a few minutes.

6. [​IMG]

Special Thanks to our sponsors.

Manning Signs in Gillette...aka Tommy Manning

Stalick Brothers LLC "307" clothing

The Big Horn Y

The Bozeman Trail Inn

and of course... The Moonshiners

7. Geez, imagines that.... JPS II likes the Oldsmobile.

8. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

That look like some serious fun there. And a great site to hold a show.

9. rollin63

rollin63

Looks fun. I am already plannin on making the trip down from Billings next year.

10. Heres some more random door prize pictures.

Attached Files:

11. Looks like a successful first show, congratulations on job well done. I love the name of the show and the history behind it. The Absaroka State Takeover is a genius name for car show, but my favorite about the show is you already have a Miss Absaroka, that freakin' awesome!

12. Miss Absaroka (Courtney) is gunna help us set up a pageant type deal as well for next year since she was Miss Wyoming in 2008, so we will have a new Miss Absaroka every year.

13. firerod63

firerod63

Oh yeah. I am SO workin my ass off to make it up there next year! Fo sho!

14. OK, can I be a judge! With Perks?!:D

15. lewislynn

lewislynn

Yea and she's sweet looking with no tatoos and not trying to look like she's from the 40's with spit curls and wearing a Rosie The Riveter bandana...

16. lewislynn

lewislynn

It's such a great looking spot with the Merchantile etc.
    It looks like it's too remote to have that many cool cars.
    What's the population of Big Horn?
    Do most of you live there?
    What do people do for a living?
    How far to the next town?

17. whoa man... twenties questions? haha ;)

Big Horn is abour 217 people and 5 miles south of Sheridan which is 25000+. The area around Big Horn has several large ranches owned by some very nice and well to do people. My Store "The Big Horn Y" is right between the two towns and where the "car show" will probably be next year (we have a large area and can pack at least a 150 cars) as well as other things at the Bozeman Traill Inn (like the Miss Absaroka Pageant). Without seeing the area, you might think its a fairly spread out but the County of Sheridan kinda runs together. Also Sheridan has a pretty deep Hot Rod culture from the past so I wasnt too surprised that all those cars showed up. Several of the vehicles that came out to the A.S.T. dont go to the local "Karz" (I know...seriously) Car Show, because that club has really lost there way with their show. with classes like 49 and older and 50 and newer, it was no surprise that the group with traditional sensabilities made a point to come to our show instead. Never the less, next year will hopefully continue the same vibe and low key style of this year with more cars and great people.

18. ABSAROKA STATE TAKEOVER 2011 AUG. 19th and 20th

19. draginsteel

draginsteel

Maybe we can get a contingent from small town Colorado to make the trip!

20. Sounds like a good idea to me.

21. It was well worth the 150 mile drive from Billings MT.

Nice low key crowd, good food, great bar. It will be an every year event for us.

Thanks again Stutz for putting in all the hours it started.

22. dsr_54

dsr_54

Can't wait till next year.

23. Well I might not know shit, but thats looks to be one Hell of a good time there. Wish I could be a part of it.

24. I definitely was that... "a hell of a good time" thanks to my C.C. the MoonShiners for all their help. Next year will be better for sure.