Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods in Japan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuck G., Jun 12, 2010.

1. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

Nikko is a beautiful place.. i want to catch a cruise in next time.

2. Chuck G.

Chuck G.

I actually was staying near Ueno on the weekends and checked out some of the bike stuff. You're right, they have a lot of shops but it was so freakin' hot and humid that I didn't spend too much time walking around there.

Sorry but those are all of the pictures that I took.

I'm back home now. If I go back I'll have to look up some of the Hambers in Japan.

Hey crb, do you work in Torrance? The guys at the factory told me about Nikko being a good place for motorcycle rides but they didn't mention the hot rods. I didn't see any old American iron on the bus ride but I was usually trying to take a nap in the morning and it was late on the way back to the hotel.

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

the local hot rod magazine for japan detroit junk.com

4. crb

crb
    from socal

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by crb [​IMG]
    There are a number of American muscle cars and hot rods in the Nikko hot springs area in the mountains not far from Utsunomiya. There seems to be some informal cruises on weekends there (not to mention the many "squidcicle" carts if you are hungry).

Also, on the bus ride from Utsunomiya to the Tochigi factory, you can spot a shop that often has early American (30s-40s) iron out front.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Hey crb, do you work in Torrance? The guys at the factory told me about Nikko being a good place for motorcycle rides but they didn't mention the hot rods. I didn't see any old American iron on the bus ride but I was usually trying to take a nap in the morning and it was late on the way back to the hotel.

Yeah, but after 37 years now, I'm about done. My first exposure at Nikko was while getting a tour by an HGT guy. I was surprised by a 70's Camaro in very nice black and flames rolling through town. Interesting bikes are a lot easier to find, but there are some nice cars in the area, too.

I understand about being tired on the return bus trips, and usually have to appear gracious trying to make it through dinner and drinks afterward. <!-- / message -->

5. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.