Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Works…Top Notch Supplier

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flthd31, May 10, 2013.

1. flthd31

flthd31

Just want to set the record straight.
    Yesterday there was a lively discussion on here about Speedway. It started with some kudos for their great customer service and ended with a discussion on business ethics. It got out of hand and Ryan closed the thread.
    In the thread, I mistakenly mentioned a problem I had with Hot Rod Works. I was wrong…the problem was with another Alliance member with a very similar name.
    For the record, I actually own a Rodsville quick-change that Hot Rod Works sells and I couldn’t be happier with it. This company has been around for a long time and goes way beyond normal to make their customers happy. They sell products and services that you simply can't get anywhere else.
    Lastly, there was mention of a well made open drive conversion that Hot Rod Works sells vs one that Speedway copied and sells. Click here for more details.
    Just want to let you know that HRW is actually cheaper (285.00) that Speedways (299.99) and actually fits your pinion spine with the proper tolerance and it’s made in the USA.
    I’ve called Ken at HRW and he was more that gracious in accepting my apology.
    Dang, it’s a bitch getting old and feeble.

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

Good for you to take the time to make good on a Pennsylvania Elder Brain Fart. I do at least one a day. I was telling an older friend about a good one that I did & he told me his wife has one of those new cars with the "Start" button. He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start for him, until she reminded him that he was pushing the radio button.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Like I said...

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We should not judge a man by the mistakes he makes, for we are ALL fallible. A better judge of a man's character is how he recovers from his mistakes. An honest and heart felt apology is a powerful thing.

5. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the phone call and setting the record straight.

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I too have done business with HRW and they are outstanding.

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Years ago, I ordered an open drive kit from Speedway. It was wrong. Did some research and found out HRW supplied Speedway with these parts. I called HRW and they went above and beyond any expectations to correct a mistake they had nothing to do with. Awesome company, real hot rodders and just plain good people.

8. Perfect wording.

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. I have had plenty of practice. I have made a lot of mistakes, many of which I have yet to forgive myself for, even when everyone else already has.

10. Ryan's right...I'm the worst at firing off before I know my target.....:eek: