Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Toys

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by rbantique, Dec 5, 2010.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

2. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. :DI am not a yard sale kinda guy but this morning when I stopped for gas there was a couple of elderly lady's set up beside the gas station with the typical household cloths and small appliances,,but when I walked by to go in and pay for the gas I spied this pressed tin station wagon in a box on the ground scattered with odds & ends toys.

I went in a paid for the gas and stopped to see just what else was in the box,,blocks,dolls and this car.

she told me I could have the whole box for 20 bucks and I replied that all I was interested was the car..she told me 5 bucks..while I was picking it up the other lady said let him have it for 3 dollars.

I went ahead and said 5 is fine with me.

It's a friction powered car and that part still works.:D

It's not in great shape but I don't ever remember seeing a station wagon. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I've had these two for a few years,,the larger of the two is a metal Tootsie tou and the smaller is a F & F Cereal plastic toy. HRP

[​IMG]

5. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

I had one of those tin '55 Ford wagons when I was a little kid in the early '60's . Now I'm a big kid .
    Five bucks ? You Stole it !!!

6. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

7. Here are a few from my accumulation............

Attached Files:

8. a fe more...........

Attached Files:

9. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Every time I go to a garage sale I hope to stumble on a stash like Safarinut's !!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  10. 35cab

35cab

Another hand made wooden toy, about 14 inch wheelbase, again not really a model more of a 3d cartoon.

Attached Files:

• t1sm.jpg
      t1sm.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
    • t2sm.jpg
      t2sm.jpg
      File size:
      94.6 KB
      Views:
  11. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

12. 55Belairman

55Belairman

That's my kind of girl!!!!!!

13. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Nylint project....was goingvto restore but I kinda like the way it looks....fab'n up a hood!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

14. Since you don't have the engine, the hood is a good idea. Luckily mine still has the engine, but the top was lost a long time ago.

[​IMG]

15. Here's a few more:
    Scored on e-Bay a couple weeks ago;it was missing the trunk and the right headlight bezel.Made the trunk out of thin aluminum sheet;hinge is a piece of bent wire and the emblem is the female part of a snap with a piece of colored paper covered with superglue.Still has to be painted(white with gold pearl over it).The headlight bezel is being cast from a mold taken off the left side.Car is an R/C and about 20" long.
    Next one is a Saunders 37 Ford coupe.The hood was missing so I made one from another piece of aluminum.Still havent decided whether to paint it or not.
    Next is a bit O/T: A wooden locomotive and coal car.Looks to be 1930's era and about 11" long.
    Last is an antique store find.Wooden model of an L-39 Albatross in Marine livery with a patch from VMA-133 and a plaque on the front(Capt. R.A. Lutz USMCR)and Bob Lutz' signature on the back.Even has nis name in tiny letters below the cockpit! Still trying to get in touch with him about it.Paid $12 for it.

Attached Files:

16. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpg Another wooden cartoon coupe.....5.5" wheelbase. Started out as scrap piece of 2x4. Wood wheels from a hobby shop. Flat red paint and sharpie pen details.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Willy29 likes this.
  17. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

All we need now is Archie and Jughead!

18. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Super cool!!!

19. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

A few more from the shelf...

Attached Files:

20. southerncad

southerncad

On my Nylint RPU, didn't have the original stuff on the motor so added the SBC valve covers and a F.I. unit.....and the wheels & tires from a plastic '57 chev model. Not too bad for a $5. flea market find:D

Attached Files:

21. 35cab

35cab

Since we are on a Nylint theme, two of mine, one complete and one that had no engine, hence the hood and repaint.

Attached Files:

22. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

This has always been one of my favorite. A 57 Chevy Gasser made by Wen Mac. The most common color was red but they also had Yellow, Black, and Blue and not all had the "Driver"
    Some had the gas engine, some had a wind-up motor and some were electric.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  23. Deuces

Deuces

Gassers rock!!!.....:D:D:D

24. That guy looks like Bill Clinton. ^

Here's a diecast pickup I found in the creek near my home. Lots of missing parts. I cleaned it up and primered it and made the front "brake drums" from "O" scale model railroad wheels.

Attached Files:

25. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

NICE!!!

26. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Looks great!

27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Here's a few of my Hot Wheels.

Attached Files:

28. I got this altered wheelbase 1966 Charger made by Cragstan (Japan) from a friend a while back and in all of my days of toy shows and being around toys, I have never seen another one of these. It is missing an exhaust header and pipe from the inside driver's side, but is otherwise complete and very detailed. There is a tach mounted on the steering column which sits behind a small windshield inside and centered in the car. The HEMI with stacks looks good popping out of the windshield. The exhaust tip looks like something that belongs on a motorcycle......I hope this qualifies under the title of this thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  29. autobilly

autobilly

Great thread!
    Hot Wheels rules BTW.

30. Here's two I picked up today.first is a little coupe by Topper Toys called the Junk Pile.It may have had headlights and a motor in it at one time but the dents and missing door and trunk are correct.Stamped steel with plastic grille and steering wheel.
    Next is what appears to be a fire engine;specifically a ladder truck(missing)with twin rear axles and a bunch of doors along the side.Body is slightly warped and made by a company called Wannatoys.
    Both of them cost a total of $14.

Attached Files: