Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Toys

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by rbantique, Dec 5, 2010.

1. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Last two of my pictures. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

3. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Very nice , buikwag !!:D

4. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

toy 1.jpg toy3.jpg toy 2.jpg battery 2.jpg box 1.jpg cox.jpg deco.jpg dorz.jpg hemi.jpg hot rod toy 3.jpg monster.jpg snoop.jpg StraightawayGame1.jpg StraightawayGame6.jpg with box.jpg Toy ads

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  5. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

All done....painted Hot Rod Red, polished the wheels, lowered, chopped down roll bar, new intakes, cut down interior, and so on...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

6. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Before pic

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Nice! A genuine improvement.

8. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

9. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

10. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Scratch built. Weighs about fifteen pounds.

[​IMG]

11. philo426

philo426

Durability engineered!

12. stingbean

stingbean

Attached Files:

13. stingbean

stingbean

14. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

kiddie kar.jpg soap_edited-5.jpg race you.jpg 25c a ride

[​IMG]

15. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

16. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

[​IMG]

Here's a few of my toys. I've been a toy collector-model builder all my life. Have a house full of them.

Duane in Tennessee

17. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Your collection of vans brought back some memories from the early 70s. We had a Blue 1963 Deluxe Club Wagon with all the seats, bells and whistles as our family transportation and another fitted out as a camper that we drove to Montreal Canada to see A Man in His World. These were in the 300. to 500. price range for used vehicles back in the early 70s . Still have soft spot for that Club Wagon . Have not seen one in this area for years. Did they make a toy of a Club Wagon ?? I'd settle for that now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  18. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Not into toy cars but I picked this Dooling brothers Mercury teter car the other day at a local swap meet, I thought it was a cool piece, then I found out what they are going for. Mostly complete,missing seat and rear tires.

Attached Files:

19. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

Nylint made stamped steel toys of the vans. All of my tin trucks are Nylint pickups. The vans were offered as both window and panel versions although none in Club Wagon trim. They all come up on ebay from time to time. A company called Jada made diecast vans in 1/64th and 1/24th scales. They were everywhere about 8 years ago. They were more custom than stock with prostreet chassis' and lowrider stance. Again, they are on ebay.

Duane in Tennessee

20. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Just some of the toys in my office at the shop

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

Attached Files:

21. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

22. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A drag racer, slot car.
    Modeled after my full sized 54 Conestoga (sitting on the hood). The colors are actually much closer than what the picture shows

Mike

23. philo426

philo426

Sidewinder Stude!Love it!

24. Here are a couple more pics. I had shown the pic of the Buick XP-300 before but did not show the parts car I had.This one was missing the tools and jack,two wheels,and the screws to hold them on in addition to having a broken rear axle.
    Looking at it sitting in the corner one day,I decided to have a go at fixing it. The axle (which was made of aluminum) I repaired by drilling a small hole in the broken end and taking a 10-24 screw and grinding it partly down until it fit into the hole.I then epoxied it to the axle.The hubcaps I made from hollow nut screws. I decided to use all four to have them all the same.
    I had enough tires(by using the spare out of the whole one)but was missing two wheels.I tried the local hobby shop thinking I could use model airplane wheels but none they had looked right. I thought about turning some out of a wooden dowel but don't have a lathe and using a drill is time consuming.
    Looking around the shop I noticed an old paint thinner can sitting on the bench.The screw top looked like it was about the right size.........Hmmmm.
    Tried it in the tire and it fir perfectly! Even looked like the original wheels.I scared up three more and drilled the centers to fit the hollow screw and PRESTO!! New wheels!
    The other car is a Wyandotte friction toy that pretty closely replicates a 1950 Cadillac coupe de ville even though Wyandotte lists it as a 1948.The visible differences are a center bar on the windshield and a visible B pillar;neither of which the 1950 models had. There are also no emblems on the car leading me to conclude that it wasn't authorized by GM.Scale looks to be right at 1/25th and the friction motor drives the front wheels.Not in too bad shape:the windshield divider is cracked as was the right windshield post(fixed)and there is a hairline crack in the top.No warpage though which I find unusual as it is made of styrene(at least I think it is;I used styrene glue to repair it) which normally warps badly.

Attached Files:

25. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Those Buick XP 300 are TOO cool !! I thought it was a mirror at first glance.

MY TOYS !!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  26. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

27. mow too much

mow too much

I look at all these neat toys and all I can think of is I was deprived as a child.:D

28. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

My bud Larry Bloss makes these wooden-bodied,scaled hot rods and race cars.
    I've been gifted with them and now he has me building them also.
    Do NOT attempt to create these as you cannot stop when you start...it's an addiction![​IMG]

29. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

30. Don't remember whether I posted this before but what the hell:
    Picked this up at the Billetproof swap meet last year.Made by a guy in Temperance Michigan who is sadly deceased.From what I understand he made quite a few of models this size.Approximately 20 inches long.Detail is pretty amazing.Looks like it may have been an unfinished piece as the doors were marked buy not cut out as the rear doors are. I was going to finish it up but decided to leave it as is when I learned about the maker.Not a bad investment for $20.

Attached Files: