Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Shop Job Opportunity in So Cal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hhrTroy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Troy, gotta say this is one classy post. Come on humble, ask for someone to work in your little shop, and then show us what we dream about. I really like your work and the work I've seen from guys that work for you. Dedication and hard work turns out some really nice rides. I wish I lived in the neighborhood just to drop by and learn. I'd work for free if I could get the chance at the knowledge you guys have!

2. TT66'

TT66'

Troy,
    Very nice work and shop. An opportunity to work in a place like that I'd be passionate about sweeping the floors.:D

PS- I was wondering too when the apparel side of your website will be going again. You had some cool t-shirts on there awhile back.

Good Luck I hope you find the next great car legend.:cool:

3. chrisp

chrisp

Ain't it how we all started? All but one here, even Troy started as backyard builders, it's just that at some point the hobby becomes so overwhelming that it rules our lives, might as well make a living out of it, I believe that anybody got a chance when the boss sees how passionate you are.

4. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Thanks, I appriciate the moral boost, I sent my resume' to Troy last night, so just waiting to hear back from him! already told work I may need a few "emergency days" off to take care of some business. The boss said O.K., he thinks I am going to spend some time in jail??? Don't know why he thinks that?!?! Other than T.V., I have NEVER seen the inside of a jail cell!!! Ken

5. racer756

racer756

Were keeping our fingers crossed up here in Nor Cal for ya Chopperimpala. Its time to start living YOUR dream.

Go get 'em

6. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Thanks MAN!!! It is a good feeling knowing that there are people "rooting" for me that I don't even know!!! What is it that caught your attention about ME?????
    I am trying, I sent my resume' and am just waiting to see if Troy has an interest!!! The wife and kids are ready for me to be gone a while, and the boss knows I "may" be gone a while?!?!?!? NO hard feelings on my side if I don't fit in to what Troy has going on, as I have never done HOT RODS for a living (never got a chance yet) but I will keep going forward, as SO. CAL. is my HOME!! I will get there one way or another!! AGAIN thanks.....Ken

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will wish you good luck chopperimpala.

8. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Ken, I think you have the "right" attitude, you should come down to Burbank and spend some time at HHR, just to see if you guys click.

9. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Troy, Ill come over and work for ya. But I don't want money... oh no. I want to be paid in cuddles. Oh and you have to dust off those turntables and spin some fresh beats. Yeeesssssss Lol.

No but seriously, Troy has a great shop to work in. I'm sure you'll find a good person here on the hamb.

10. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Jesus Christ<<<--- sorry if I offended anyone!! I can't belive there are more rooting for me!!! I am down for "hanging out" Like I said I already told the boss I may need some "emergency time off", AND the wife is accepting me spending time down there, SHE KNOWS what this means to me!! Like I said NO hard feelings if, Troy may need someone to just "jump in" and start welding away!!! I may NOT be what he wants right now but maybe in the future?!?!? Maybe some other shop owner will see this and have something too!!! My ONLY criteria is San Jose and south!!! above that I think it is a little TOO rainey for me????? But I am keeping my fingers crossed I have "followed" Troy on RIDES, Magazines, and have his shop "favorited" as I like HIS style and passion, but that doesn't mean that he needs a "newbie": and I understand that!!! Sorry if it seems like I am "bumping" this thread up as I don't mean too, I am just SHOCKED, that so many are --there-- for me...THANKS YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!KEN

11. racer756

racer756

Ken, When I say I like your attitude, it stems from a previous thread that you started, and to me it sees like you are a guy that has the ability to listen, and make changes when necesary, these days that is a rare commodity. I've worked hard to get to where I am in life, and I really appreciate it when a person makes an honest effort to better himself and his family. I know its not going to be"easy" for you or your family, but an attitude of wanting to better yourself is going to help you go along ways. Have fun & good luck

12. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

WOW.... Thanks man I let the wife read this and she said: " I tell you that but you don't accept that from me??? why not" So I said ..."get your ass on the HAMB and tell me!!!" HA HA HA, I crack myself up!! Seriously, THANKS MAN!! That means something!! I AM trying to better NOT only myself BUT my family too!!!...Ken

13. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Wow,
    Chopperimpala seems to have a fan club! We will talk soon.

Thanks for the great responses!!!

Please be patient, there is always more things for me to do, then hours in the day!! I will be reviewing resume's & making calls in the next day or so.

Thanks again & thanks to the HAMB!!!

14. Wonder how quick my Fairy Godmother can teach me welding skills?

15. What a fantastic opportunity for the rite person....Good Luck in your
    search...That is a really great looking shop!!!!!

16. So what was the outcome?

17. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

I received a bunch of great responses from the HAMB!!! I want to thank all of you guys that sent me emails.

Well....it looks like a HAMBr gets the job, he will be working down at HHR starting this week!!
    AND...We are still expecting a visit from another for more interviewing.

Thanks again!!

18. 53burb

53burb

Good to know. See you there at your open house show Troy and the rest of ya down at HHR. KNUX!