Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Shop in Lubbock, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pitbullgoingpostal, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Greetings,

Saturday, July 25th, 2009 I am meeting a guy to do some swapping. I live in the Dallas area, he lives in New Mexico. I would like to find a H.A.M.B. friendly place to meet. I have never been to Lubbock before. The general thought is to get to a new place and kill two birds with one stone by getting to see a local Hot Rod place while we're there.

If anyone on here is a shop owner, or just knows a cool place to check out, I would love some info. Keep in mind we will be there on a Saturday. Please include the hours of operation, any contact information, and a known good address if possible. We're not swapping any vehicles, just parts, so parking lot space won't be an issue. We won't need room for a car hauler or trailer.

Thanks Ryan for the great opportunity to connect with like minded people, and thanks for any help from the H.A.M.B.ers!

Hit me up by PM, private email [email protected], or cell 972-835-4919.

Thanks,
    Britt

2. BUDDY HOLLY

BUDDY HOLLY

Hills hot rods look at there website ask for jason

3. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

hills hot rods, merlins street rods, and bens muffler shop, those are the only ones i know of..hills isnt really HAMB friendly i dont think its mainly just a bunch of 80 model chevy trucks lowered with rims and wild paint jobs...merlins is hardly ever open , and bens muffler shop is not really a hotrod shop but richard the owner has been building some nice hot rods out of there...and hes a cool guy..hes located right off of hwy 87 on the south side of lubbock on the left if your coming in...

4. Larry T

Larry T

You might call Don Hardy in Floydada. A few years ago he was getting back into high end hot rods. Don't know if he still is or not. 35 years ago, Jackie's Automotive was a pretty interesting place to check out, but I kinda doubt that it's still the same. Scoggin Dickey Performance?? Should be easy to find.
    Larry T

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Lubbock is not really a HAMB kinda town. Dont get me wrong, there are some friendly hambers there. Its just that theres lots more streetrods and muscle cars then Traditional rides. I know cause I lived there for 35 years up until about 13 months ago. Hell if I were still there I would gladly host the deal at my shop. Jackies Automotive would be a good place to meet. Jackie is a good guy. Been selling new and used speed parts for as long as I can remember. Its about a mile west of Loop 289 on west 19th/Hwy114. If you want some good food cold beer and live music go to the Texas Cafe and Bar (3604 50th http://www.texascafeandbar.net ). Want a good steak cheap? Hit Bryan's Steaks at 1212 50th. Just look for the 15' tall steer out front. If any thing breaks or you just need some parts, swing through downtown Slaton and visit Mike, Andy and Kirt at O.D. Kenney Auto Parts. Best little parts house in Texas. Other than the friends I left there this little parts store is what I miss the most. Been owned by the same family in the same location since the 20's.

6. Glen

Glen

make sure you have dinner at Jazz....it over by the university....or it was when I lived there years ago.

7. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Thanks guys! I'll keep researching all of your tips. Sounds like a steak and a cold beer will be the best action in town so far! I'm not opposed to that at all.

I'll try to get a hold of these people/shops this week.

Thanks again,
    Britt

8. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

try contacting "Ltex old iron" in Lubbock or "caddy-o" in Amarillo. they may know someone

9. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

hey me and my woman are here in lubbock and were into hot rods..if you want someone to eat a steak with give us a headsup..were always ready for meeting some new people and steaks are good too...

and i forgot another guy in lubbock doing the hotrod thing

Humberto Ortiz he owns Vulcan Specialties here hes got a nice 37 ford pickup project going right now try him at www.vulcanspecialties.com

10. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

I spent 5 years up there, and I don't remember seeing any rods up there. However, if you want to drink some beer, check out Bash Riprock's (across the street from the university). Cheap beer, pretty girls, and Playboy rated it one of the top 100 bars in the country (but it's cheap and laid back).

John