Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hot Rod Primer and folks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Is there anyone up around Cary who can give a report about conditions in that area ?

2. My neighbor had evacuated to Kinston to their permanent home, got flooded there, and lost electricity. Went this morning to go check on their house in Morehead, could not make it down US 70 East because it is blocked by high water and debris, but could get to town by way of a back route. Got stopped at the city line by Morehead's finest, and asked for ID. Luckily, his driver's license had a local address, and they let him through.

Glad to hear that the local law enforcement is taking matters seriously. There continues to be a strictly enforced curfew. The local government is saying some power restored, but probably not until Tuesday at the earliest.

We'll get through it all. Just waiting for the rain to stop and the water to recede. But unfortunately, more flooding is on the way due to heavy rains upstream.

3. upspirate

upspirate

Please keep us updated on Morehead City as we have friends there that we haven't heard from in a couple of days....PM me if you wish

50 customcoupe likes this.
  4. Here in Winston Salem we're getting some wind and rain but not bad yet, hope she dies out soon and we all survive. Thanks for the prayers everyone.

5. After a 10 hour ride back home from Memphis we didn't know what to expect, we ran into rain shortly after getting to Georgia and it was on and off misting and then heavy rain but the winds were light.

We arrived home around 6:30 PM and other than a few small limbs in the yard and raining it appears we dodged the bullet, I have all you guys in North Carolina in my thoughts & prayers. HRP

6. Good to hear HRP....I know I give you crap sometimes....but that's man made and hopefully can be forgiven. Wishing all - just some small twigs to dill with !

50 customcoupe likes this.
  7. We in Greenville fared remarkably well! Thank the Lord Almighty for that!! Just 30 minutes south or east is another story altogether!! My daughter and her 3 kids have been with us since Wednesday...she can't get home due to the debris and flooding along Hwy 70 (the main road between New Bern and Morehead City/points east). And even if she could, Cherry Point is closed and she cannot get on base yet (her husband is a Marine).

Praying for all that were in Flo's path...NC/SC/GA/TN/VA and points north!

8. We're 25 clicks west of Charlotte on I-85...Came thru it very well , light to moderate rainfall all weekend , gusty wind took down two very small trees across driveway..
    Late Sunday night , after the rain had stopped , we lost power..Local electric co-op had it back on in 5 hrs..
    Lots of people having it way , way worse than we did....

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    50 customcoupe and upspirate like this.
  9. frank spittle

frank spittle

We got 7 inches of rain here but that is nothing compared to the 30 plus in some areas. We had 4 power surges but never lost power. I was sure it was going out each time. Life is back to normal for us but the misery for thousands is days old already. Donations and volunteers are badly needed. Samaritan's Purse is our choice.

stillrunners and 50 customcoupe like this.
  10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Landis NC only received a lot of rain and no damage. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern...…..

brett4christ and upspirate like this.
  11. Good to hear Brett and Frank !

12. Danny glad you are OK. Its not over by along shot.
    Seems like last I heard Wilmington had about 30" of rain.

Keep us posted all of you. We can make something happen if we need to.

13. Good to hear you guys were OK.

dirty old man likes this.
  14. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm just a little west of Raleigh, and we didn't get any real rain or tree damage here thankfully.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

brett4christ likes this.
  15. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live 7 miles outside of Wilmington NC and left last Tues. and just got home last evening. Roads are out everywhere as flooding is still going on, BUT, our development and specifically our home suffered only minor shingle damage and some water damage on ceilings inside. The really great news is that nothing in the garage was effected!! :D Not making fun of this because there are folks everywhere with serious damage but really relieved that we did as well as we did. Normally an 8 hour drive from where I was in Knoxville Tenn. It took me almost 12 hours to get home via whatever roads were passable.