Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Hot Rod Magazines for sale

Discussion in '"The Antiquated" Classifieds' started by George Klass, Sep 19, 2015.

1. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Pasadena

State: California
    Price: $2,000
    My father-in-law is 83, and wants to get rid of his Hot Rod Magazine collection. He has been collecting them since the late 1940's. He has EVERY issue between Jan. 1949 and Dec. 1983, and except for 1949 and 1950, they are all in the Official HRM Binders.

hrshelves.jpg
    hrupclosshelv.jpg

hropen.jpg
    The 1949 and 1950 issues are not in binders, and all are in great condition.

hr4850.jpg
    If I remember, there are also the Aug. and Sept. issue from 1948.

That's a total of 290 Hot Rod Magazines and the HRM Binders. At $2000 that's less than $7.00 an issue. I know what some of these are really worth. The thing is, I do not want to pack these things up and ship them somewhere. I want whoever is interested to get in touch with me either by phone (949) 293-1609, or email, [email protected] , and make arrangements to come on over to his home in Pasadena and pick them up (I'll help you load them into your car). If you are interested, and you have the cash, you get the magazines, first come first serve.

Added bonus, no extra charge. Drag News in binders.

dragnews.jpg
    Mike has these bound Drag News, I think they are from 1955 through 1963, can't recall exactly.

What he wants is for these magazines to go to someone that will appreciate them and knows what they are really worth.

George Klass

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015