Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot rod Hundred Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadfootloon, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Things are moving right along nicely.

2. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Just marked my calendar. Told the wife don’t plan anything that day. :)

3. 1biggun

1biggun

I saw many of those cars go by me.

I'm in McFarland a lot .

leadfootloon and guthriesmith like this.
  4. 1pickup

1pickup

Dammit! I already booked a gig that afternoon by Columbus. One of these years, I'll get to go again.

210superair and Bruce A Lyke like this.
  5. Join the fun.

6. 7th Annual Wisconsin Hot Rod Hundred
    20 May 2023
    Gregs 1.jpg

Starting Greg's Speed Shop in Waupaca. https://www.gregsspeedshop.com/

Ending at Hillsboro Drag-A-Way

Hillsboro2.jpg

Here is the Route (subject to change for Road Construction etc.) https://goo.gl/maps/eUziukNSGPYxxLAJA
    (Note; Hillsboro State Bike Trail is next to the dragstrip)

Register at HotRodHundred.com but not yet, still working on final cost.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  7. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Neil, works just fine for me!

8. Anyone interested in a race!!!

9. gene-koning

gene-koning

Sound great! Another 350 mile round trip to do a 120 mile reliability run with a bunch of like minded hot rod friends. What a great way to spend a weekend!

All I have to do now is decide if I should bring the coupe again, or bring the truck.

Attached Files:

10. I'm thinking the truck should get the trip this year!!

guthriesmith likes this.
  11. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gene, I'm going to let the weather decide on the coupe or the truck. I'll have 500 miles round trip including the 120 run. Then again leadfoot bigshot thinks he's John Force all of a sudden so I might have to bring my Schwinn!:cool:

12. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Sounds Great we are planning on being there!:cool:

leadfootloon and guthriesmith like this.
  13. John Force those shoes are Way to big to fill. More like grease lightning :D

MMM1693 likes this.
  14. scoop

scoop

Hoping to be there, sounds like fun.

15. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably more like a couple a bozo's

guthriesmith likes this.
  16. gene-koning

gene-koning

Yea, but I have glass and heat/defrost in both of mine. :D

I'd consider racing, but I'm not sure I could ride a bicycle the entire 1/8 mile... so pushing either a broken truck or a broken car 130 miles home doesn't sound like something I could (or would want) to do. I'll save myself the embarrassment of racing and proving my vehicles (and myself) are all slow.

17. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going to make for a great T shirt

18. Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    guthriesmith and leadfootloon like this.
  19. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

I don’t know if I’m the first, but I just registered.
    My wife and I had a blast last year, and are looking foreword to this years. :)

guthriesmith and leadfootloon like this.
  20. gene-koning

gene-koning

Just submitted my entry as well. We have a motel room booked, and we are ready! Look for the shiny blue truck!

21. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

Sounds like a good time! Do they enforce the 64 and earlier rule? In the pics from last year I saw a 66 Chevelle and an early Camaro. Is there a cutoff on the number of entries? In Nebraska they have a similar tour, just larger. The NRCA puts on what they call Tour Nebraska, a 2 day event, has been 300 miles a day, the last couple tears they have cut it down to 200 miles a day. You pre-enter like here, they have a host city that has enough rooms for 400 people. They have the routes pre planned, with break and lunch stops both days. They have a party at the host hotel on Saturday night, and back on the road at 7 in the morning again. The last few years, they have had to cut the entry off at 400 cars, not quite as laid back as the 100 mile tours. I have been thru so many small towns that I never would have seen otherwise. Have made alot of new friends. I have went on twelve of them. They started in 1993. I know the car in my avatar doesn't fit this forum, I'm surprised they haven't told my to put something else up. It's kind of special, it's a 1971 Dodge Polara 2 dr hardtop Nebraska State Patrol car with a 440, found it in a junkyard, got it back on the road and have been on 4 of these Tours with it. The website for this function is-NRCA.wildapricot.org. They open registration at midnight on New Years Eve. It was full in 6 days-over 400 entries. I hope to see you on one of these the nest couple of years.

leadfootloon likes this.
  22. “They” is @Waddell and @leadfootloon as far as approving registrations. I would contact them either from the website I just posted above or by pm here with questions specific to the WI run.

leadfootloon likes this.
  23. Your fine sign up come and have fun and meet new people!!!

24. gene-koning

gene-koning

The management has spoken.

The WI Hot Rod 100 is way more laid back then the cruise you described. I believe the 64 rule is the goal that would probably be enforced if the car count gets too big. I've seen a few newer hot rods, and even a few daily drivers, but mostly the cars are in 64 or older range.

The route is laid one on a word description with turns on county roads or two lane state highways. The cars leave the starting point with a few that know the route, and as the cars get spread out, wrong or missed turns create interesting scenic tours, some pretty short (we have had a group turn around in a fam field entrance and go back to catch a missed turn more then once), some a bit longer (we missed a turn once and it took a couple miles before we discovered the error). I've passed cars that are on the same cruise that are going down a road the opposite direction then I am, and I wonder if I messed up, or if we both did and they discovered their error quicker then I did. Its all fun. We do get the end point, so if you get really lost, you can always do the direction thing on your phone and go to the end point. You could just follow a group and see where you end up...

There are several places you can stop along the route, very few of them can accommodate the entire group. Unless you stop, and leave with the same group, you are nearly always driving with different cars.

Make your own hotel arrangements. A few years ago, they booked a host hotel, and the "special rates" the hotel gave was higher then you could get the same room normally. The hotel determined we had a "special event" so every hotel in town jacked up the room rates. Pretty much ended that.

25. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

Thanks for the info. I'm going to retire this year, so I'll have some time for hopefully this. I know all about people taking the wrong turn. The event that i described is starting to get a little to big for me, but it's still a good time. I'd probably make the one in southwest Missouri first, not quite as far to drive.

Bruce A Lyke and leadfootloon like this.
  26. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will you take a IOU?

Bruce A Lyke and guthriesmith like this.