Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rod hoedown!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tred, Apr 23, 2005.

1. tred

tred

the hoedown was held today at the big kahuna in shit-ass delaware. of course, it rained, but hey, what are ya gonna do? that was actually good in that it kept the trailer queens and some of the hokey mullet machines away...

professor ouch, klaus, mrs klaus, hotrodphotos, rat rodder, action girl, soup, and a few more hambers whose names i can't figure out were there, great turnout, great energy for a rainy day. you may not see a lot of pictures due to the rain, but i'm sure more people will post as they arrive home tonight. i'm fuggin' beat, i've been up since friday morning straight, so i'm out of steam here.

it was good to see everyone and hang out, i'm sure the fall hoedown will really kick ass! i can hardly wait! thanks again to profouch for puttin on a great show, the live bands rocked! full blown cherry is the shit!!!

this picture was taken at about 9 a.m. (keep in mind the show doesn't start until 10 a.m.). by 8 p.m. when i left, you could hardly see the back of my chevy.

tred.

2. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

..................you can thank me for being a pussy and staying home. If I had shown up, it would have poured all day. I sat here and watched it go from sprinkles to dry to sunny! Damn it! I knew it!!! Gonna' visit ScaryLarry tomorrow to get my Hot Rod "fix."
    Glad y'all had fun..............

3. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

i wimped out too cousinfink

but i got my hot rod fix here ALL DAY :D

zach

4. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

damm i forgot ot was today. atleast i stayed dry inside the shop all day.

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Me and Billy (Slowandlow63) were there and met up with Larry (KustomChief). Good to see some old faces and meet some new ones. A few really badass bikes, especially Steve's bare metal Triumph...super bad ass. A few really cool cars and good turnout for a shitass day. The ride home in a downpour sucked ass, but as soon as we got back the sun came out...go figure. Lots of good looking Eagle fans, especially the cheerleaders. wow. Definitely looking foward to the Fall Hoedown

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

This is the 1st show I missed up north and I feel like I striped about 9 less cars than I would have had I been there. Hey Furry ,How are ya?????

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

i was just talkin to joe about it on the way home hes says to me "dude, you gotta have anthony stripe this dash" i said to him hes gonna have his work cut out first show hes up here outline all the scallops, the dash, and anything else he feels needs to lay his masterful hands on. i cant wait til u come up man

8. Missing Link

Missing Link

My woman asked me to kiss her where it smells funny...

SO WE WENT TO DELEWARE!

dah-dah-duh ching.

Thank you! I'm here all week!

9. dragwillys

dragwillys

i knew it....all day i was thinking i was missing it...i have no wipers and slicks...the weather man said down pors all day...dam...phil

10. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

anyone know which newspaper or magazine was snapping photos and interviewing there?? i think his name was brian he was a black guy. he interviwed me about the ford but i didnt get a chance to get his card as the rain poured and we boogied

11. We had fun also, and I got to meet a few folks (hi guys & gals!) but not as many as I probably would have if the weather wasn't so awful.

It had just started drizzling when we arrived and got worse and worse until we finally sought shelter at the nearest brewpub for lunch and beer. There was a torrential downpour while we were inside and then it cleared up pretty nicely. We headed back over to the event to hear some bands and meet a few folks, and then headed out sometime after 6. I didn't get any photos since it was raining most of the time I was there.

The shirts for the event were super cool-- Pinstriped shop shirts with a big Ratfink motif/ Rock N Rods on the back. Of course I had to have one so now I'm officially "Tony" the "auto technician" from some Tire shop.

The bands were great, and the people I was lucky enough to meet were swell. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the Eagles draft party was going on at the same time as the car show but inside Kahunaville. It brought a ton of beer guzzling jock assholes into the general vicinity and It was next to impossible to navigate Kahunaville during the worst of it. That place is like Rainforest Cafe meets Chuckie Cheese, meets Jock Bar at the beach. Good thing we were all there to "class up" the joint! :D

In spite of the shit weather (DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!) everyone seemed to be having a good time. I'm looking forward to the Fall Hoedown since mother nature now owes me (I keep track of this stuff you know). :D

If I missed you this time, make sure I get to meet you at the Jalopy Showdown...

Stacey

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

13. Hey Ya'll

You'r absolutely right, it was a great show, sad so many of you stayed home,(does your cars shrink in water?) but the few there certanly had a great time!

My wife Cindy and Tred had fun with the big cow, to everybody's amusement!

It was early Saturday morning in DE when the parkinglot turned Green!!!!
    Please don't let that happen again!!!

Klaus

14. Allright, here goes the shitttt load of pics. Photobucket might be gay for taking up space but fuck um..

Had a great time!! i think this was better than the hoedown. alot more togetherness with the rain and all..

Left around 6, met up with the south jersey crew, who happened to meet up more guys at a Wawa.. So it ended up being like 8 guys tailgating down to DE. Traffic sucks balls in rain, and manual brakes. Had a few incounters but no accidents.

Got a shit load of stuff, including a 50s caddie air cleaner for 150 bucks..SCOREEEE

heres the pics.

15. EVEN MORE!!! 250 left!!!

Klaus and his Boyd like battery tray....

16. Shit, i take too much pictures

17. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

whos car is that with caddy tails and black paint with silver scallops????? i need more pics NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Great pics man, it was nice meeting you, klaus, spike and other HAMB members. Meeting up with people was what really saved this show for me, since the rain kept a lot of cars away.

Great pics of Billy and Brian shootin a little fire and putting on a show. That bare metal triumph was freakin awesome too. Larry's poncho is looking good as always.

BTW, that black and silver scalloped caddy finned creation is a pirate kustom car...don't get me started on those things. Please no more pics of it.

19. ok , only a few more..

SPike on his Knees, Like always.

20. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

nice pictures steve :)
    yea it rained .. yea having the eagles draft party there sucked but all in all it was a good time .
    i have some pictures but there on a diff cam. that loads on a diff computer .. i hate technology.
    the art showwas small .. sucked having it in the back room . the bands kicked ass . went jumping in some puddles .. i'll be sick in a day lol

met some new people saw some old friendly faces .
    hopefully in sept more people will come out rain or shine .

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

BTTT, these pics were good

22. That is Tim Albrect, Montecello NY, from "Prate Kustom"
    Pretty radical, just like all his other cars!!!!!

Klaus

23. BuickinaBucket

BuickinaBucket
    from Newark, DE

Damn Joe... I ended up going to Carlisle instead and didn't find shit. 500 swap spots filled with fat old guys with nothing more to sell than broken gauge clusters and a billion old taillight bezels. I'd definitely had more fun walkin around this show with you guys. (Even the the weather in Carlisle was sunny and warm)

24. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That Caddy aint a CaddY,its a 54Chevy

25. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Good call on that Ant, the roof is a dead give away.

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Joe ,ask your self ,Is this info useful,if not than i have the answer!

27. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

28. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'm glad I went to the show instead of Carlisle. Costs way less and I don't have to blue ball myself looking at all the shit I can't afford. I just bought 8 cans of Franco-American speghetti-o's...those need to last till next week...I don't think i can afford a Desoto grill.