Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Delux

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brendog67rat, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Ice man

Ice man

No subricption, news stand only (they make more money that way) so that leaves me out, cause they wont get them on the stand here. Was in Sarasota last week and got one and a friend gave me 4 old ones. Thats my FIX for the year. Ice man

2. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

3. Uh, I counted the carbs also, but calling a rocket a nailhead? Fuel pump boss as an alternator bracket? Must be a small alternator shoved into that Delco gen.
    Aside from the obvious glitches, one great mag Frieburger!

4. doctorZ

doctorZ

it really is a terrific magazine. one i would definitely love to submit articles to, i can't seem to get a response for writers' guidelines though ...

5. Yeah,I was going to say the same thing!

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Great mag. Now take that "cherry" sedan out of the garage and start the tech article for your next issue when and if it comes out....remember Rod & Custom years ago? I know you have what it takes and I think Hot Rod is back on track, so in your staff meetings get a commitment from the team for the Delux.

Since Gray passed away you are the man to carry the torch...Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Being serious,
    Call Isky at the shop, I'm sure that he'll be glad to bend your ear re:the early days, He's always been good to us. Definitely will learn something.

8. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Originally Posted by Alienbaby17 [​IMG]
    ........... I love to read and have most of the issues but have never been overly impressed with it. ...............Jay

Actually what I exactly said was, "I love to read and have most of the issues...." you put in the "IT" part in yourself. :)

Please read my comments again. I'm not saying it's bad- just only average in MY opinion. It's never really stood out from the crowd to me- I don't know why. I just think it has a lot of potential and should be better than it is. If I thought I had all of the answers I'd start (and most likely fail) at my own magazine. I'm glad a lot of you really like it and yes, I do buy it as I do with many other magazines nearly every issue (Rod and Custom, The Rodders Journal, Traditional Rod & Kulture Illustrated, and even dare I say it the Koolhouse publications). None of them are perfect and certain issues are always better than others, and I know that going into it and still enjoy reading them.

Jay

9. Surprised Ganahl hasn't complained yet he was made to look like a first grade grammer dropout: "I are" -- more than once. Editor's nice -- how about a proof reader?

P.S. Must have been another art change that caused not a single pic of Bing's "famous for" Willys to be shown (I've seen the original Willys story, but most haven't and I'm sure were disappointed).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  10. I too, caught the errors with the new issue, but, I.D.G.A.F. I love this magazine! It is, in my humble opinion, the absolute BEST magazine on the stands. I swear they gotta offer the subs. I agree, I'd pay full price + shipping as well. I don't care, I just hate searching for it and never knowing exactly when it's out. I talked to the guy at the Kragen in my neighborhood and he said they only get THREE OF`EM! And I got the last one! Damn, I'm lucky!

I can't say it enough, I LOVE THIS MAG!

11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This magazine is one of my favorites since it has been issued and to top it off I was able to get some ink it it as well for the Bill Hines tophy I did for the Billetproof show in Florida this year. Thanks HR Deluxe you not only made my day but my kids have been telling every one about it. I really appreciate it
    J.Lockwood

12. I just got mine at a Rite Aid pharmacy, that is a really odd place for a mag like this, but Oh well. I am gonna be glad if they keep bringing them, don't have to fight for them at the norm mag shops.

Awesome articles in this issue.

13. flyin-t

flyin-t

He's bent my ear a few times in the past. Bought my first cam from him in 1971, my dad took me to the shop and gave him the list of parts we had gathered for a 292 Y block that I was putting in my '56 F100 that originaly had a 6. He also gave me a little brass ID tag for the cam but if I remember right it didn't come with the cam, he went into his office and got it for me, probably because I was a dumb 15 year old kid. I still have it.

I also allowed, many years later when I was a member of the 4 ever 4 club, to let myself be cornered by Kong Jackson anytime he'd show up at a meeting. He liked to tell stories and lies, I loved to listen.

14. glmke

glmke

i am really starting to like this mag, as a history buff i love the stories of yester year

15. Cool, I'll have to go out and grab one. Thanks for the heads up!

16. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I think it's a great mag, one of the better ones. The historic photos do it for me. That is what I love about printed formats, you can sit or shit and ponder the picture for 20 mins to really check out all the detail. I have a harder time doing that on the computer.
    My only complaint is finding it at the local stores is hit and miss....

17. Sorry Frieburger, I am just as bad. Not a rocket in the pic, it's actually a small-block with rocket covers.

18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I just bought the magazine at the newstand (a little late) and not only caught the SBC fauxmobile identified as a nailhead, but in the Binggeli article (which I thoroughly enjoyed), Ed's '53 Ford Crestline Victoria is identified as a Starliner. Starliners were produced in '60 and '61.

Proofreading is your friend.

19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

HRD is one of the best mags out there for sure. Great feature cars, well written articles about legit rodding history, often from the horse's mouth, and informative and useful tech articles. a winner all around

20. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Well, that explains it. Sourceintercourse trying to commit suicide at the expenses of some quality journalists.

22. 31fordV860

31fordV860

The first Hot Rod Show pics are amazing, the halls were incredibly crowded and just by looking at the pics you can sense the intense excitement in Hot Rodding ...

The Photos would look great in any HAMBERS shop framed and displayed.

23. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

They "forgot" a photography credit in the July 09 issue.

A real chickenshit move if you ask me.

24. SteadyT

SteadyT

Awesome articles, great mag.