Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod by HG Felsen Reprint - Whats the Deal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luciomduran, Dec 27, 2010.

1. luciomduran

luciomduran

2. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

This is the last e-mail I received from them...

This e-mail is in regards to the order you put in for the Iowan Book called Hot Rod. I just found out that they don't think they will be able to get the book on press now until after the Holidays. Looks like mid-January for press time and bindry. We are sorry about the delay because we know you wanted it for Christmas. I will ship the book out as soon as it come to our office. Again we are sorry out the delay!
    If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me or call me at 1-800-352-8039.

Thank you.

Brenda
    Book Division
    PO Box 306
    Grundy Center, IA 50638
    800-352-8039
    [email protected]

3. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

LOL Christmas??? I was thinkin I would get it back around August when I PAID FOR IT!!!

I got the same email... I'm kinda wonderin if the book is somehow being reprinted though Marty @ Eelco or something and THAT is why it's takin so long???

I've pretty much written it off as never gonna get it. What a shame.

4. luciomduran

luciomduran

5. sdluck

sdluck

What's up with this. Any new news?

6. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Did you read the #2 post on this thread? That is THE exact email that was sent out... that's the news.

7. Keep in mind that the publisher is a smaller shop; it's not a place like Random-House that has a ton of resources to crank stuff out. The publisher does put out a few bi-monthly and quarterly magazines, but a book is a little different type of project.

8. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I called and got my money back. I'll buy it when it's actually printed.

9. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

I read this book in elementary school in the fifties. I think it's about a guy who builds a show car and gets killed racing it home from the show where he won grand prize. Races the local badass named Link Aller...that's IF I'm remembering the right book....Henry Gregor Felsen...The first book I actually enjoyed reading!!

10. TomH

TomH

I believe that one was titled Street Rod.

11. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

You may be correct Tom, it was a WHILE ago, but remember much of it...something about a pink paint job and copper plated wire wheels....
    Also remember one titled "Trenton in 30 Minutes" about a group of Hot Rod teens trying to run to the next town in 30 minutes/30 miles and bad road, with RR tracks, etc. Remember that one?? Not certain HG Felsen was the author, had a highboy roadster on the cover, probably on two wheels, as many did back in the day.....

12. A bunch of years ago I went to the SEMA show and Felson was there selling his books. I got to talk with him for a long time about them and how he had gotten started writing them as a contract writer. I got Christmas cards from him for a couple of years after that. I bought the complete set. It was about $50. Crash Club, Hot Rod, Rag Top, Fever Heat, Street Rod and Road Rocket. They were published by GP books in Michigan.

The cover art on my copy is completely different from what the link shows.

I also read all these when I was in Jr. High..

I just did a search and found the complete set I have on AMAZON just now ( http://www.amazon.com/Henry-Gregor-Felsen-Collection-9-12/dp/0917473116 ).. Holly Crap...$899.00

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  13. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Tom, above, is correct, the cover shows the pink car i spoke about earlier!! Cool! Wait 'til I tell my bride I DID remember something right!!!

14. luciomduran

luciomduran

Any news on these getting printed?

15. wizzard23

wizzard23

Holly Felsen is on here. Try a pm.

16. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

It is ready as of Tuesday this week, so we've all waited a long time! I was assured it would be out last summer, but I guess I have no control! And I hate that feeling!!!

Holly

17. I got mine today.

18. river1

river1

as did I.

later jim

19. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

I'm glad people are finally getting their books! Yea! I visited a 6th grade classroom to share the book, and they got pretty excited about it. My great nephew, the new and improved Henry Gregor Felsen, is in the class. He was beaming!

20. classic gary

classic gary

got mine yesterday, now i gotta find time to read it again !!!

21. Gerg

Gerg

just got mine!

22. Fenders

Fenders

It's not a forward, it's a foreword -- unless you're Dr. Laura, who doesn't seem to know a foreword from a foreskin....

23. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here. But it's a pretty quick read.

24. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Got mine yesterday too. :D

25. VAfromMN

VAfromMN

I guess I timed things just right. I just found the web site and ordered mine tonight. Guess I won't have to wait as long as you folks did!

26. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I can well remember reading this one back in the early 50. Also a few others by Mr. Felsen. I'll wait a bit and then place my order for no reason other than the busy start.

27. haychrishay

haychrishay

Just received mine friday!

28. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Got mine today.....Holly the introduction was great.......thanks for all your hard work

29. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Nice intro, art, & photos !! Certainly worth the wait !! Got mine today