Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hot Dog! Early photo Bean Bandits dragster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jimmy B, Jan 11, 2014.

1. A while back I purchased this photo which I knew to be the Bean Bandit dragster.

Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

2. swifty

swifty

That's a good one for your collection Jimmy. great shot!

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

So what's the story of how the photo ended up in Australia? Or was it an online purchase?

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's cool.

I think that whenever you see a flathead with four carbs, ya just gotta know she can really honk.

5. 296ardun

296ardun

Never seen the early Bean Bandit's dragster this color, or with the "hot dog" on it only photos I have seen of it, it is yellow, photo is priceless, thanks for posting it...

6. danwal215

danwal215
    from san diego

Looks like it has Jeraulds on the side of the cowl near the fake rear shock. Jeraulds was the speed shop in National City south of Joaquin's neighborhood. Maybe sold an early version or loaned or teamed up. I will ask around. I am sure it is a good story. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1393203235.598244.jpg
    Jeraulds gave us this little gem at the lakes.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. ttpete

ttpete
    from SE MI

If that photo was shot using the old Kodak Verichrome orthochromatic film, it could have been yellow, because that film rendered red, orange, and yellow as very dark because it wasn't sensitive to those colors. Always take this into account when viewing pictures shot earlier than about 1955.