Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hopefully, I'll come across some good jalopy pics...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gowjobs, Apr 5, 2005.

1. gowjobs

gowjobs

My father passed away early this morning, and I'm starting to sort through his old photo albums for pics to use for his memorial celebration of a life well-lived. So far, I've been running into mostly boat-racing pics from the '60s, I know he had some pics somewhere of his West Coast jalopy racing from the same period. For now, check out this water-borne hot rod. This is an Alpine tunnel, with what were then "Experimental" Mercury Black Max 200's camoflauged under 100hp white cowlings. This boat propelled him to one of three world championships.

2. Really sorry to hear about losing your dad. I'm sure you're having mixed emotions going through the pics. Enjoying re living the times you had together, but obviously sad about the loss. Just from the description, and the pic he sounds like he was one helluva cool dad.

3. Shoprag

Shoprag

i think the drag boat pic show's him livin what better way to remember him by.
    sorry for ur loss.

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Sorry to hear of your loss Gowjobs. Your father may be gone but the memories will be with you forever! Geoff aka Whodaky

5. McGrath

McGrath

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Looks like he had a good life.

6. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Sorry to hear about your dad......

that'd be a good pic to have blown up and framed.....put it on your garage wall and he could always watch you build...

7. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Sorry for your loss. Your Dad looks like he took life by the horns and lived well. I am sure you will miss him, my thoughts are with you.

8. So sorry to hear of your loss, Dave. God bless him and and your family too.

Looked like he had a helluva life.

Joel

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Add my condolences to those already posted. Loosing your dad is a hard thing, especially if you were close to him. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Frank