Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hood shipping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LongT, Feb 25, 2021.

1. LongT

LongT

Any ideas on how to and maybe how much to ship a 1939 Ford hood? Wisconsin to PA.

2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Break it down to four pieces ,lots of bubble wrap between them, make a flat crate and slide them in.

3. You probably need a pallet to size marked "Top Load Only" in big red letters, a truck, and a dock at both ends of the trip.
    Fastenal has a shipping service, on the side, that some folks like. Not all their outlets provide the service, so you have to check ahead. And you have to take the item to them at your end, then who you are sending it to has to pick it up at the other end. The cost seems reasonable.

LongT likes this.
  4. 5window

5window

Check with a Hamb-o-Dex hauler. Maybe they can add it to a load and get it there safely.

LongT and texasred like this.

5. ahshoe

ahshoe

I heard that Fastenal quit doing delivery since Covid

6. LongT

LongT

There website says between east and west zones. They have a map with the zones defined. It is possible.

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

upload_2021-2-25_15-24-15.png
    Think about it....

stillrunners likes this.
  8. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

I wrapped two together a couple years ago and sent them Greyhound express from Indy to California. I think it was about $125.

9. 5window

5window

This, on the Greyhound website: "Due to limited transportation availability as a result of COVID-19 impacts, package delivery times may be extended. The majority of our services are sold as a space available transit expectation. Because of this it can take longer to depart origin and transfer locations. Schedule specific priority service continues to be offered for shorter distances." That, plus traveling on a bus, doesn't truly excite me.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  10. BigJim394

BigJim394

You could try Greyhound Express. You take the Boxed hood to one of their terminals and they deliver it to the closest terminal to your recipient.
    You will have to find or build a box.
    You can calculate the cost on their website.
    They only accept exact amount in cash.
    Have used them lots of times without a problem and they are fast.

11. 5window

5window

The cheapest Greyhound human fare from Madison, WI to Allentown,PA is $120, just to give you some idea. The location in Allentown is a bus stop only: Google Earth shows a vacant lot. You'll need to find a terminal someplace.

12. Tetanus

Tetanus

Why don't you just make a road trip ? Maybe in July and head to the big iola swap meet? The cost of shipping u could spend on the trip....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. chzld88

chzld88

ever try "fastenal"

14. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I shipped a '40 Ford Pickup hood from Northern Michigan to Eastern Pa several years ago. Made a crate, I recall it cost around $100. It did take a while then but arrived safely. It took me 2 tries to get past the second Bus terminal but the local guys were great and figured out the best time to get it through that terminal when it was a slower time.

chryslerfan55 likes this.