Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical hood ornament? what is this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopndrop, Sep 23, 2015.

  1. chopndrop
    Joined: Feb 8, 2005
    Posts: 711


    Helping clean out some buildings of a family member and came across this. He has lots of model a pieces but there is other misc stuff that has gathered the last 60+ years he's lived there. Is this part of a hood ornament or something else all together? The center blue part is glass.

    Attached Files:

  2. Yutan Flash
    Joined: Aug 6, 2008
    Posts: 742

    Yutan Flash
    from Gretna, NE

    '37 Ford hood handle/ornament. Accessory I think.
  3. mgtstumpy
    Joined: Jul 20, 2006
    Posts: 9,002


    They lool like the tips from fender guides that attached via short rods to the wheelarch lip of front fenders. Some would illuminate at night so you could see where the outside of the fenders were.
  4. oldandkrusty
    Joined: Oct 8, 2002
    Posts: 2,131


    '37 Ford, for sure. And definitely an accessory.

  5. woodiewagon46
    Joined: Mar 14, 2013
    Posts: 1,954

    from New York

    Yup, '37 Ford accessory, square and threaded stem is the give away. One of several types that were available.
  6. It is similar to the aftermarket accessories for 36/37 Fords. HRP


Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.