Register now to get rid of these ads!

homemade INTAKE...give yur 2cents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DetroitBilt50, Jan 2, 2007.

1. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

im looking to make a tripower intake for my future 302, ive got the 94s ready to go, now time to use a lower f.i. intake with a adaptor plate to get it going. ive read up on past posts about this, but ive realized there are a few different kinds of lower plenums for 302s. this one is off a truck motor. seeing it is square and the ports are large i think it is the one for me. does anyone think it wouldnt work? why?

Attached Files:

• 93_1.jpg
      93_1.jpg
      File size:
      22.8 KB
      Views:
  2. chad

chad

I was Pm'ing with someone on here quite some time ago about someone he knew that made a tri power set up out of the same intake.. I cant remeber who it was.....Hopefully they will chime in

3. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

i hope!

4. beatnik

beatnik

It will work, Some one posted this one in the classifeds a while back, but he didn't say how he plugged the injector bosses, welded or filler.

Attached Files:

5. tjm73

tjm73

A few of the highest performance 5.0/302 EFI intake manifolds have used the truck lower as a base through the years. It is a good intake with big ports.

6. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

thanks beatnik. ill have to thank you in person some time, you always seem to be the guy with the quick, repectable answer! thanks, brandon

7. chad

chad

thats a cool looking set up...

8. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

This setup is very cool looking, but I don't see where it could possibly improve performance. What you end up with is a large-plenum single plane intake with hardly any carburetor flow capacity (according to the sources I've seen, 94s flow less than 200 cfm each). The short runners would kill the bottom end, and the small carbs would handicap it on top.

I am not really sure, but it seems to be a way to degrade performance for the sake of "the look." I guess it depends on how much of what you really want.....

9. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Just wondering if anyone has done it and gotten any results
    Very interesting post
    Could benefit many!

10. fugness

fugness

ive heard all those "rumours" before to!!

We hand made a very large box on a tunnel ram to accept an enderle bug catcher once. Oh that wont work, was all i heard. rang enderle, the dude there said "you know son, i cant see why it wont work". this was on a GM 253 4.2 litre v8, it worked killer.
    fark the theories, just do it, i think you will be surprised at the outcome. Even if a 94 only flows 200cfm, thats still 600cfm. Remember that manifold somehow worked with fuel injection right, so it has flow. i reckon go for it

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

The only thing I don't like in the pictures posted above is the "square plate of aluminum bolted to an intake" look.

I bet if you spent a little extra time rounding the edges off and contouring the areas that the carbs don't bolt to and you would have a damn good looking three duece intake. Use countersunk hex head bolts for extra points, too.

I say go for it, too, but promise to post pictures!!!

12. It'd be a golden opertunity to mill some nice fins between the carbs in that thick plate!