Register now to get rid of these ads!

Homebuilt Hubcaps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58Darlene, Sep 29, 2010.

1. 58Darlene

58Darlene

I've been a resident "ask it all" for a while now and decided to post something worth a read. Homebuilt hubcaps. Nothing fancy, but I had fun, and think they look alright. Started with some Rambler caps and the tops off of some coach lights from the house (don't tell the wife). Here are a few pics of how it went. A little spray paint and some creativity. I wish the paint had turned out a little better, and may end up changing the color, but I'm pretty happy with em.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope you guys enjoy!

2. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Cool idea... Its neat to make a wild hubcap...

3. SASROD

SASROD

Easter eggs on the grill too?

4. 58Darlene

58Darlene

I was hoping for a little more shine, eventually they will be painted the same as the car. So no, no plastic eggs in the grill.

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Can ya sharpen the points on the end of the finial, some?

Kool lookin ''nave plates''

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

6. Ok don't tell me you got the idea from watching Ben Hur one too many times!

7. Adding bits 'n' pieces, as well as custom painting to hubcaps was popular back in the '50s.

You may want to experiment with using the base only or the base and the top cap only just so they don't stick out so far - your local Constabulary might take a dim view to the Ben-Hur look that Von Psycho refers to.

Have fun!