Register now to get rid of these ads!

Home made tail lights, kinda

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spyder, Jan 31, 2007.

1. I tried to save a few $ and do something different. I would love to see what lights more talented folks have put together. I cut AL teardrops shapes, and melted pastic lenses into them in the oven. Does that mean they are billet?

Anyway, I cut the same teardrop shape and "taco'd" sheet metal around it. I welded up the "taco" and used it to french the lights into my '28 tub.

Go ahead, tell me they suck.

Attached Files:

2. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

Hey man you gotta work with what you got. No since in havin' every run of the mill or faddilicious taillight there is PROPS to you and your BILLET tail lights. hahahahaha kidding

3. The shitty thing about that project was that I bought a bag of 4 modern oval tail lights for $5, to use the lenses to make my tailights:) . After I cut up the plastic lights, I realized that they were exactly the same as my neighbors new 'vette, and I could have got bucks selling them on e-bay.:mad:

4. guiseart

guiseart

Don't see anything wrong with those... cool.

5. screwtheman

screwtheman

Only if they were milled out of a billet of aluminum by a big corporation to be sold for a tidy profit. I'd call them more like hardcore and kick ass. I tend to be a perfectionist with my own work to a fault, but the older I get the more I'm appreciating the hand made look of things.

6. Degreaser

Degreaser

Shit man, homemade is where it's at!!

7. Gator

Gator

Look OK to me, now you'll have the fun of listening to some know-it-all tell someone else 'oh yeah, those are the tail lights off of a 29 Henway'

8. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Looks good to me, nothing wrong with taking a chunk of "whatever", aluminum in your case and making something cool out of it.
    "Billet" got its "bad" name from them fucking CNC machines that make everything perfectly symetrical and "soul less".
    Good job

9. atomickustom

atomickustom

Those look great to me. But what the h*ll does "taco'd" mean?

10. Taco'd means to fold something over/wrap it around something, like a taco shell.