Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Holy crap what have i gotten myself into?? Bowling green bound.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Apr 12, 2012.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thanks we are doing our best. we are trying to get it good mechanically. We hope to do bodywork and paint this fall.

2. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enloe
    Keep at it. Any progress is better than none at all.
    Michael

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

allot of memories being made. Good times

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well it is finally moving under it's own power. One of my best friends came over yesterday to lend an extra set of hands. We got the back tires put on and tinkered around with it . My son wanted me to start it so we did. We had a hose in a gas can and we moved it back and forth and checked the brakes. We replaced the radiator and hoses and thermostat the last time we worked on it. we ran it long enough yesterday to find any leaks. The thermostat housing was leaking so we will take it off and put a new gasket on.

The barn where it is parked at is next door at my Grandpa's house he is 86 he came down and hung out with us for a little while also.

Attached Files:

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I loaded the wagon up and took it to my friends shop today they are going to start cutting and fitting the floorpans tomorrow :)

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here is a pic on the trailer and a pic in my friends shop.

Attached Files:

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

It moves!!! Congrats. Feels good, huh?

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

9. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Progress!!! Congrats!

I know that's a great feeling...

Well, okay... I've been told that's a great feeling. I wouldn't know... all my projects are in Jack Stand Hell... once they go up, they never come down.

-Brad

10. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)You will keep moving on it as long as the boy is not distracted.:D

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I heard that:)

12. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I told my son ,I raised him all wrong. I never set out to make him a car guy . But you know ? Many are called but few are chosen. But me , I had an interest ever since my dad put the Model A engine in my little red wagon and I pushed it into the kitchen, where he overhauled it on newspapers.:D

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We have been watching car videos every morning after the kids get ready for school. He asked me this morning how much money he would have to save to build a hot rod. I said it depends on how much you want to do yourseld and what you want to build. I told him start saving now.

He said he was going to.

14. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Something became very apparent to me recently. If a young fella took an interest in pin-stripping and coupled that with hot rodding he would be set in many ways, it's unique , it can be profitable , it can get attention, could even be famous. The demand is there if traveled in certain place. You stated you sell a swap meets . That would be perfect. It's also tradable.:D

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

i know that is right. One of my friends is a pin striper/artist and recently turned tatooist. We used to set up together at car shows and swap meets and he always made a killing.

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

update 4-30-2013 one floorpan fitted and tacked at the factory spot weld locations.

New metal being put in tailgate

Attached Files:

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

5-1-2013 both floorpans tacked in. Time to start the finish welding. Toeboards need a couple of small patches. Bodywork started on tailgate.

Slowly it is coming along.

We still have to fix a spot under the backseat on the drivers side

Ronnie does good work if you need something done give him a call. It does not cost nothing to get an estimate tell him Enloe sent you.

Here is a little mustang he has been doing some work on. IT sounds mean. It has a little Cobra Jet motor in it.

Attached Files:

18. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Keep it up it's coming along well.:cool::)

19. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

at first, i was not a fan of wagons... they have now grown on me.. if done correct

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Eventually this one will be back the blue and white with some 5 spokes on it.

21. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Lookin' good enloe...the floors looked about like our '60 wagon...it's really solid once he floors are all sealed up, eh...??? Nice that it's moving under its own power too...

R-

23. looks awesome! I just picked up a 59 Pontiac to build as a family vacation cruiser...i love these wagon threads!

24. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)One of my favorites but so big.:cool::D:eek:

25. tell me about it! it was a feat getting it home...now to go back for the four door hardtop parts car!

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Cool now it is time to start a wagon build thread all your own :)

By the way I love the Stude Truck. I have been saving pics off of here for a while and yoour truck is in my truck file.

Big is Beautiful:)

27. I will once we get started on it when I'm home on leave in August! I'm glad you like the truck, It's getting closer but I only have limited time to work on things!

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Be safe and keep your head down. Thanks for all the sacrifices you are making for our country

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Status Update:
    Here are some pics from Friday. The tailgate has new metal welded across the bottom. the main floorpans are done the spot under the backseat on the drivers side is done. the passengerside under the backseat was being worked on. All of the floorpanseams were sealed and the pans were coated.

The toeboards right above where the floorpand meet the firewall had to have a place on each side patched and that is done.

Today we will put a new clutch , pressure plate, and throwout bearing in and bleed the brakes.
    We are still going to try to get a new channel for the tailgate window to set in.
    we are getting closer.

Please go to my links in the misc for sale section and buy something because this project needs some funds.
    I still need 2 more tires and some seat belts and water pump

Attached Files:

30. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)looks good enloe!:cool::D