Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Holley 94 Fuel Pressure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steves46, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

I have an Airtex low pressure (1-4 psi) electric fuel pump that I am using as a backup when vapor lock sometimes sets in on my stock Flathead. The more I think about the harm that could happen if the diaphragm on my mechanical fuel pump ever ruptured, I am leaning towards just using the electric pump. I think the Holley 94 can handle the low pressure electric pump without a pressure regulator and was wondering if anyone else has been running without a regulator for their Holley 94? I suspect the only way to know for sure is to by pass the mech pump and give it a try. If I do go with a regulator, the Holley low pressure regulator looks like a good one.

2. I still run a regulator on my three cars that have 94's on them. Two of them run 3 live on fixed linkage and one runs two on fixed linkage

3. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i have ran a low pressure electric pump on my duel 94 flathead for 21 years without a regulator and have never had a problem.

4. I really don't think it makes a difference if you use a regulator or not. i started using one on my one set of chrome plated tri-power 94's to control fuel leakage and boil over after shutdown on a hot day

5. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

Thanks for the feedback. I will hook it up directly without the regulator and see what happens.

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy