Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hold on to your Craftsman tools...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Same here. I've got a 1/2" drive ratchet that need traded in.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

3. They sell them here in Kingman.

4. 68vette

68vette

I agree 100%. I worked for that terrible outfit for 10-12 years in a mgmt position.

I tried returning an impact wrench about a year ago...no they said....offered to fix at their cost labor and my cost parts....I sold it for 20 on craigslist.

I hear now if a rachet goes bad, you get someone elses used rachet that has been gone thru.

Most of the Craftsmen tools now are made in China, especially air tools.

Sears blew it when they tried to be more like Kmart.....LOL....then Kmart bought them out....when we gave great service and a good product, we were busy back in the 70-80's....most retired out with a million usually in profit sharing....like today....probably the CEO left with millions who destroyed the company.

5. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I work at a custom bike shop we build choppers and theme bikes. We were once sponsered by Craftsmans tools but they pulled out years ago just most recently we were building a chopper for Hostess and that was stopped half way through the build. Looks like now the Twinkey bike with Ding -Dong wheels will never get finished and I just heard this week we got cancelled by the Discovery Channel looks like I will be pulling out my Craftsman rollaway and looking for a new job. Man this economy sucks!

6. The new one's are made in China and Taiwan, SO you still would be stuck with tools that aren't made in the U.S.A.

firstnomad

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

lucky for us old farts we got all our tools while they were still good.

8. I am a sears sucker and always will be. K Mart was in trouble and closed a bunch of store years ago. They made big money by selling their real estate. Kmart bought Sears. Now Sears is under the poor management practices of Kmart.

9. ol fueler

ol fueler

Yeah , they are still in Ace Hardware stores here in Colorado mountain country. It was a big surprise for me to see that.

10. ol fueler

ol fueler

I think I will spend the rest of this afternoon out in the shop just hugging my OLD craftsman tools .

11. Deuces

Deuces

That's the spirit!!!...;)

12. I kind of think sears will be out of business in a few years. Montgomery wards is gone . Wal Mart will probably last another 25 years and some other retailer will take their spot.

If the tools are made to Craftman's specification, they will still be good tools. The Craftman line might be bought by another company if Sears goes broke. Craftman still has a good name.