Register now to get rid of these ads!

HIT & RUN Drama!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 1, 2004.

1. I'm totally amped! I just got hit & run in my wife's Tahoe. The guy TOTALLY punched it in reverse and wiped out her bumper with his utility bumpered truck. He turned off and kept watching me in his rear view to see if I was following him. I only followed him long enough down a dark side street to get his license plate number. Seemed too much like those bump and run deals where they jack you for your car. I called 911 and got them all the info. Good news is that the plate checks out to exactly what I described and they will hook the dude up as soon as they find him. I could have chased him but I was scared to hurt someone else and then be responsible for that. I think of an innocent family or kids and think my $200 bumper isn't worth that. This was all a couple blocks from the Vince Neil's famous car crash/beer run that killed his friend. My dad scraped up too many innocent bystanders as a fireman for 35 years, and my sister is a 911 dispatcher and I knew where to draw the line. I'm still really pissed and shook up, but cars can be fixed.

2. Uh, $200 bumper Jim? OK, just what color is the sky out there? [​IMG]

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, sorry to hear this BUT you are OK and that is all that matters. You did the smart thing, getting the license then backing off, wouldn't want to see you or anyone else get hurt.

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Jim..you took the right steps....let the law do its magic.......I hope in your parts ,the law has teeth on this issue,,,,,sorry to hear about it...and good luck.

5. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Jim,
    I know a dude that got shot in the same situation a few years back. he got out of the car and the passenger from the other car pulled a gun on him and shot him right there in the middle of the street when he wouldnt hand him the keys fast enough... he lived and now has a cool story to tell bar sluts...

BTW the dude Vince Neil killed was Razzle the drummer from the band Hanoi Rocks... take that hair band trivialists

6. slammed

slammed

Good reaction, no injury. Smart thinking, weapon's and such abound. Hey trivia! What was the car Vince Neil was driving and the other car he hit?

7. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

BTW the dude Vince Neil killed was Razzle the drummer from the band Hanoi Rocks... take that hair band trivialists

Which sucks cause "Two Steps from the Move" was one of the best albums of the 80's. Vince served a couple hours for that one didn't he? I think the bartender spent longer serving the drinks.

8. I grew up here, my dad cleaned up the wreck- I thought the Razzle trivia was too deep- but I guess there's more Crue heads on here than I knew.

9. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

We are a degenerate bunch on the whole. It is ironic that "Nasty Suicide" from that band is still alive though don't you think? Anyway, good form letting THE MAN take down the bumper boy. You don't need that. I got rear ended in my F150 about a month ago and the guy took off. I have the biggest damn hitch on the back of that truck you've ever seen and it didn't do a thing to my truck except leave some red Grand Am on my hitch. I thought about following the anti-freeze back to his house and bitch slappin the guy but figured the radiator was enough for him. It's all karma.

10. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

that cover of the Credence song on two steps from the move was the shit...

none the less, I think you left out a zero on that Tahoe Bumper Jim.

I had some old guy slam on his breaks in the middle of a green lighted intersection because he thought he saw a guy on a moped turn right in front of him (there was no one) in my WRX last week and it's 10K in damage from a 30 MPH impact. and there was no structual damage!

11. My daily driver has been hit three times in the last year by hit and run drivers. The second last time I tracked down the dink who done it and got him charged. The last time, a week ago. One of my students saw who done it. Ihandled it properly - letting the local Gestapo look into it. I'll give them a day or so longer, then I get to go wring a neck or two..... Cowards.

12. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

OK, I'll share my hit and run story

Highschool graduation party at my friends house this past june. My friends uncle had been drinking and giving us beer all afternoon and was pretty unruly. One of the other guys at the party told me someone had hit my jeep, I go outside and look it over, nothing's wrong, came back and asked what the hell he was smoking. Then he came out too and showed me how my fender was bent in about a 1/4, hardly noticable. Then he pointed out the huge black gash all down the bed of my friends drunk uncles F-350. Karma is right [​IMG] Whats even funnier is that he had to get then entire back end of the truck up onto my friends front yard to hit my jeep like he did. He just rubbed off the paint he left on mine and moved the truck

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

[ QUOTE ]
    Ford Pantera

[/ QUOTE ]

De Tomaso Pantera ( Mid Engine, 351C, Italian made, rust prone, bad build quality, nice body lines, over priced, but cool... )

14. slammed

slammed

Pantera is correct. (Good band as well) Now, the other car involved? Hint: It ALWAY'S stir's up the native's when shown on the HAMB...

15. ray

ray
    from colorado

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, I'll share my hit and run story

Highschool graduation party at my friends house this past june. My friends uncle had been drinking and giving us beer all afternoon and was pretty unruly. One of the other guys at the party told me someone had hit my jeep, I go outside and look it over, nothing's wrong, came back and asked what the hell he was smoking. Then he came out too and showed me how my fender was bent in about a 1/4, hardly noticable. Then he pointed out the huge black gash all down the bed of my friends drunk uncles F-350. Karma is right [​IMG] Whats even funnier is that he had to get then entire back end of the truck up onto my friends front yard to hit my jeep like he did. He just rubbed off the paint he left on mine and moved the truck

[/ QUOTE ]

i just did that a few weeks ago, fucking SOBER! pulling in to park, missjudged the distance to the right, and scraped damn near the length of my car along the bumper of a pathfinder, oops. good thing it was my friends pathfinder!

16. [ QUOTE ]
    [De Tomaso Pantera ( Mid Engine, 351C, Italian made,
    rust prone, bad build quality, nice body lines, over priced, but cool... )

[/ QUOTE ]

Expensive ZF Merdedes transaxle
    Unruley as hell on the track, very prone to oversteer.

I was at a track event in once and the Pantera club was
    there, 25 of them. It was fun to zip past them in the
    corners, then it started to rain and they gave up all
    together after 4 cars spun.
    TZ

17. they said he was in a Ferraria on VH1 shocking moments - hell I don't know

you did the right thing. damn crack heads

18. caddyman65

caddyman65

[ QUOTE ]
    Pantera is correct. (Good band as well) Now, the other car involved? Hint: It ALWAY'S stir's up the native's when shown on the HAMB...

[/ QUOTE ] it was a VW bug

19. haring

haring

[ QUOTE ]
    Jim,
    I know a dude that got shot in the same situation a few years back. he got out of the car...

[/ QUOTE ]

Never get out of the car if you can avoid it.

Your car is the best defense, and weapon.

20. BELLM

BELLM

You handled this 100% right.
    BTW I went to Goodguys Ft Worth today, signed up for a 3 yr extension of my subscription to that rag you now work on, putting my faith in you brother!! Was cheap, $30 for 3 yrs with a free T shirt and a Rod & Custom plastic license plate. Will save the plate for when you come do a feature on my car!
    Yeah, right!! [​IMG]

21. JoeCollectible

JoeCollectible

Ok, I had to transfer this post from another forum because they all laughed at it...

Ok... this is going to make me sound like a horrible driver, but I will explain. This is different wreck than the Iranian I hit. I was in a 1979 Ford F-100 ~Ah yes the most adequate drum braking system ever invented. - circa 1997. This woman in a convertable chrysler lebaron was looking back at me as she passed me. We were about to travel through a overhead traffic light which was green. She cut in front of me and the light had turned yellow just as she looked back forward. She panicked and locked her brakes up... I mean hard as she could hit them. I slammed the trunk all the way level with the back seat. As I got out to see if she was ok and to my surprise, AMAZINGLY she stomped the gas and took off driving through the intersection like on one of those crazy police chases. I was 17 and had my best friend with me so we chased that ***** down. HAhaha - she ran for about 3 miles before finally pulling over into a church parking lot. I asked her if she was ok and she just broke down crying. I felt horrible, as there was virtually no damage to my old work truck and her car was barely running. Anyways, she was fine and explained that she had to return the car home and back it into the garage before her husband saw it. She said she had been involved in 6 rear end collisions and that he was going to kill her.... (she was in the front of all of em)

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Karma is right. My dumb shit little brother backed into a guy one night and did a little damage to both cars. He went to a buddy's apartment and slept it off.
    When he woke up the next morning to drive back to Toledo, there was a cop in the parking lot, matching up the broken piece of tail light he had left at the scene! I felt no sympathy for him.
    Especially because A) he'd been drinking a bit, B) he's always pulling dumb shit, and C) his own car was slammed once and pushed half way down the street, that driver only leaving a bit of HIS lense.

He didn't get a DUI, so that was good (for him), but he did lose his liscense for a year because he'd let his insurance lapse. Again, zero sympathy.
    -Brad

23. Ya done good, Jim-Bob....real good.